The Agumbe rainforests of the Western Ghats is a precious gift of life to South India. A biodiversity hot spot, it holds within its folds a world of new science yet to be explored. As Tiger is for mainland the flagship of the reptilian world in these forests is undoubtedly the King Cobra (Ophiophagus hannah), colloquially known as Kalinga. Agumbe lies in the West coastal region of South India, approximately 300 km west-northwest of Bangalore, the state capital of Karnataka in South India. It is approximately 55 km from the Arabian Sea and the coast of India at Udupi which hosts the nearest railway station. The elevation of Agumbe is 643m. As part of the Western Ghats mountain range, Agumbe lies in an UNESCO World Heritage Site. Agumbe rainforest gives you golden opportunity to click endemic species of western ghats
Gowri Shankar, who started handling reptiles at the age of thirteen and never looked back since. Apart from studying and conserving King Cobras at Agumbe, he has also worked for several wildlife documentaries behind screen, and featured along side Rom in two wildlife documentaries, ‘The King and I’, ‘Secrets of the King Cobra’, ‘Asia’s Deadliest Snake’, ‘One Million Snake Bites’ and ‘Wildest India’ by BBC, National Geographic Channel, Nat Geo Wild and Discovery channel respectively. Gowri, along with his wife Sharmila have started an environmental education camp site, Kālinga Centre for Rainforest Ecology at Agumbe, where their focus is to open doors of opportunity to people from varied backgrounds to learn scientific tools of conservation through workshops and camps.
This workshop is for beginner & intermediate photographers wherein they can learn
● Basic Camera Controls.
● Art of composing the Picture
● Art of Story telling through pictures.
● Rain-forest Landscape survey & study of endangered species of Agumbe.
● Introduction to amphibians & reptiles of Agumbe.
● Field trip for hands on camera training
● Night trails hike for nocturnal amphibians & reptiles.
● Introduction to landscape photography
● Post photo processing & editing tool tutorials (Photoshop& Light-room tricks to enhance photos)
06:30 am:Reach Home-stay at Agumbe, early morning
08:30 am:Event Brief by Mentor and participants introduction
Session on Introduction to Camera Control Basics.
Field Trip for hands on photo capture training.
02:00pm:Lunch served at home-stay
04:00 pm:Photo post processing session
08:00 pm:Dinner served
09:00 pm:Night Trails for Night & low light photography session
06:00am:Early morning field trip
08:30 am: Breakfast served in Home-stay.
09:00 am:Session on Introduction to Agumbe landsacapes, rainforest & its species.
02:00 pm: Lunch served at home-stay
03:30 pm:Learning proper exposure & story telling through photo composition
06:00 pm:Departure to respective drop off points
INCLUSIONS & EXCLUSIONS
INR 5999 + 5% GST
● Fully mentored Macro Photography workshop
● 2D&1N Accommodation ( Home-stay)
● Food (2 Breakfast, 2 Lunch,1 Dinner)
● Field Trips.
● Forest Permits
● Local Transportation
● Local Guide Charges
● First Aid kit charges.
● Accidental Expenses
● Any medical emergency charges.
● Anything that is not mentioned in package inclusion list.
Cancellation and Refund applicable on the tour cost:
● If cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
● If done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded.
● After that no refund will be provided.
THINGS TO CARRY
● 2 pair of clothes
● Sweater (Night might be cold)
● Rain Coats ( Rain showers expected)
● Torch (optional)
● Shoes (With proper grip sole)
● Mobile phone chargers
RULES & FAQ
● In mountains & jungles, smoking attracts honeybees and one has to face dangerous "honeybee attack" where survival of the person is difficult, hence smoking is strictly prohibited.
● Drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
● Leader's decision will be final and binding.
● Small Steps Adventures reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
● Telephonic confirmation for booking is mandatory; if unable to contact us then send a text message and we will call you back.
● Please do not carry handbags or Jholas or Sling bags on treks.
● Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewelry, etc. If carried, then we do not take any liability for the same.
Get regular event updates through WhatsApp:
Step 1 : Save this (77380 73691) number in your phone book as Small Steps Adventures.
Step 2 : Ping us your Name and Email Id on above saved number.
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now onwards.