Information: The scenic hilly regions of western ghats have trails suitable for hikes with velvet green rolling hills, shola forest and perennial streams flowing through them. Kudremukh a known for its exotic beauty and flora - fauna has a variety of trekking options inside the National Park. The beautiful part of Baamikonda Located at an Altitude 1415 M and Kal Chu ki trek is located on the outer fringes of Kudremukh national park and is a less known getaway for those seeking less trodden trails. With views of picture postcard valley covered with and enjoying the view of the adjoining peaks, one can savor the beauty of Nature. A Breathtaking view of Thirumaleguppe, Hirimaleguppe, Durgada betta, Gaumukha, and Kudremukh a - Horse Face. Also, a beautiful ridge walk towards the peak makes it more than just a trekking experience to cherish for a life time.
Duration: 1 night/2 days.
9:00 pm. Start from Bangalore. Overnight Journey, Duration 7 hours.
Pickup Points will be decided based on the convenience of the entire group.
Contact details of Trek leader will be shared on registration.
You can coordinate with Trek leader a day before the departure.
After the last pickup, the Overnight Journey of about 350 km begins with the headcount. The trip leader will give a brief Introduction about the trekking destination.Introduction amongst the fellow trekkers, try to gel with each other as one team.
We advise everyone to eat light and take care of Individual and their belongings.Though it is an overnight journey to Mullodi, it would be exciting with ghats and coffee Plantations.
Day 1: 5:00 am. Reach Balgal.
You will arrive at the tiny hamlet of Balgal early this morning. You will be met by our representative who will transfer by Jeep to the base camp of Mullodi. Take care of your belongings.
On your arrival to this small yet beautiful village, you will be shifted to a house of a local resident to freshen up. After a brief acquaintance with the tour group, and Breakfast you will start the trek towards Baamikonda and further to Kalchukki carrying Pack Lunch. After a briefing, the group will the trail and exciting trek begins.
The sounds of water gushing from Somavathi falls below will follow your trail. As the vegetation thickens, you will notice that you are on a forest trail. Cross the rocky stream and follow the giant green trees which lead you towards Ridge. You may spot the wildlife from the Kudremukh National Park including Malabar giant squirrels, barking deer, spotted deer and mongoose. Going forward, you will come across endless beautiful meadows and forests while reaching the spectacular peak of Kudremukha. You can rest and indulge in photography before starting on a walk back to Mullodi to rest the night at the base camp.
You will wake up to the call of Malabar Whistling Thrush with a serene aura of Mullodi this morning. After freshening up, you will leave for Balgal in a pre-arranged vehicle for half an hour’s drive.
From Balgal, you will proceed towards Bangalore. 6:30 Pm.
Reach Bangalore by evening.
INCLUSIONS & EXCLUSIONS
INR 3000 + 5% GST
● Transportation Non/Ac Vehicle Tempo Traveler/Mini Bus (From / To Bangalore).
● Trek Fee
● Breakfast on Day 1 & Day 2.
● Tea/Coffee and Snacks Vegetarian on Day 2.
● Pack Lunch on Day 1
● Veg and Non-Veg
● Dinner on Day 1
● Sleeping bag provided.
● Lunch on Day 2 and Snacks.
● Any other personal expenses other than Inclusions & GST
Cancellation and Refund applicable on the tour cost:
● If cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
● If done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded.
● After that no refund will be provided.
THINGS TO CARRY
● Torch/headlamp, with extra batteries
● Ankle Shoes /or comfortable shoes with good grip
● 1ltr Water bottle or hydration pack
● Backpack 30 liters
● Rain coat/Poncho
● Dry fruits, energy bar, chocolates, energy drink, Snacks etc.
● Personal medication.
● Sweater/ fleece jackets as nights would be cold
● Extra pair of clothes
● Toiletry kit.
● Quick dry pants and cotton T-shirts per Requirement.
● Camera (optional).
● Sun cap
● Mixture of Tobacco and snuff
● solution or salt to avoid leeches.
RULES & FAQ
● Do not carry valuables or items like jewelry, laptops or any other things.
● Management & Campsite is not responsible for any kind of loss or damage of your belongings.
● Do not smoke or light any items inside the tent as it may cause fire in the tent.
● Please Remove your footwear outside the tent and keep tent neat & tidy.
● Weapons or any inflammable things are not allowed in the premises or in the tent.
● If any damages are caused to the campsite, tent or bedding, camper / guest will be responsible for the damage and will have to pay the charges for the same.
● Strictly no use of drugs in any kind or any form or any other kind of intoxicants.
● All guests must follow the camping rules.
● Anything that is not included in packages is excluded.
Get regular event updates through WhatsApp:
Step 1 : Save this (77380 73691) number in your phone book as Small Steps Adventures.
Step 2 : Ping us your Name and Email Id on above saved number.
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now onwards.