Short Info –
Around 70 km from Bangalore off of the Kanakapura road, lies the Rangaswamy betta or Bilikal bettakpura road is the Bilikal betta. Belonging to the forest reserve, the Hill is covered in shrub forest. Every year locals from the surrounding area climb this hill to celebrate a festival at the Ranganathaswamy temple at the top. The way they have been following throughout the years has turned into a standard trekking trail.
The trail takes you through the forest. The first half kilometer is comparatively even and easy. But as you move ahead, the forest grows denser throwing some steep slopes which makes the hike an enthralling one. This steep climbs and descends will definitely test your workout days, extensively. The even lands in between the trail let you rest and grasp the beautiful scenery in front of you. On summiting you find yourself in the vast flat field with the temple in the side. Different slopes in the Kanakapura range, including Kabbaladurga, Savandurga can all be seen from here.
09:30 pm Pick up starts from Bangalore
01:00 am Reach Base (05kms trek one side)
03:00 am Reach peak and enjoy camp fire. Relax with Sleeping bag
06:15 am Enjoy sunrise
06:30 am Descend to the base
09:30 am Have breakfast on the way.
10:30 am Head back to Bangalore
● Marathahalli (09:30 PM) - Near Kalamandir
● Silk Board (10:00 PM) - Bus Stop, Opposite To Pizza Hut
● BTM (10:10 PM) Udupi - Garden Bus Stop, Opposite To A2B
● Banashankari (10:30 PM) - Bus Stop
● RR Nagar (11:15 PM) - Gopalan Arcade, Mysore Road
INCLUSIONS & EXCLUSIONS
INR 1000 + 5% GST
● Transportation (from/to Bangalore)
● Water Bottle
● Anything not mentioned in Inclusions
Cancellation and Refund applicable on the tour cost:
● If cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
● If done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded.
● After that no refund will be provided.
THINGS TO CARRY
● Torch per person with extra batteries
● Sports shoes or trekking shoes or comfortable shoes with good grip
● Water bottles
● Dry fruits, energy bar, chocolates, etc.
● Personal medication
● Sweater/ Warm jackets for the night
● Rain coat/Poncho in moonsoons
● Track pants and cotton T-shirt
● Camera (optional)
RULES & FAQ
● In mountains & jungles, smoking attracts honeybees and one has to face dangerous "honeybee attack" where survival of the person is difficult, hence smoking is strictly prohibited.
● Drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
● Leader's decision will be final and binding.
● Small Steps Adventures reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
● Telephonic confirmation for booking is mandatory; if unable to contact us then send a text message and we will call you back.
● Please do not carry handbags or Jholas or Sling bags on treks.
● Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewelry, etc. If carried, then we do not take any liability for the same.