Trek Grade – Easy to Moderate
Group Size – 15 - 25 (Maximum)
Highest Altitude – 12800 ft
Accommodation – Camping
Chandrakhani Pass or Chanderkhani Pass is one of the most beautiful treks of Himalayas in Himachal Pradesh. The Chandrakhani Pass is located at a height of 12,800 ft above sea level in Kullu Valley. The more the height the better the view, Chandrakhani pass offers scenic views of the Deo Tibba Peak, Pir Panjal and Parbati Range. The beauty of Kullu valley is doubled with the addition of the Snow-Clad Mountains in the surroundings. The region is also known as the Valley of Gods. Legend has that Jamlu (the presiding deity at Malana), opened a basket containing the gods of Kullu at the Chandrakhani Pass and the strong winds blew the gods to their present abodes.
DAY 1 - Arrive at Manali - Travel to Rumsu - Trek to Ghankari
Meet at 8 am at Rambaugh Circle, Manali. We will travel to Rumsu from Manali in our transfer vehicle. From Rumsu head to the eastern side of the village and follow the well-defined trail through a forest of Deodar, Pine and Horse Chestnut trees to reach Ghankari our first campsite. We will have Dinner & will stay in the tents for the night.
DAY 2 - Trek to Chakhlani Camp Site
Today will be the biggest day in terms of trekking in our entire event. We will begin early in the morning and begin the uphill walk of 4 km trek from our campsite at Ghankari to reach meadows, which is at the elevated level of 3000 m. From the meadows, get a glimpse of Manali, Kullu Valley, Pir Panjal Range and Bara Bhangal Range. Trekking further, you will pass through small beautiful Rhododendron forest and sequences of Alpine Meadows to reach Chakhlani. our campsite for the day.
DAY 3 - Trek to Chandrakhani Pass - Return to Chakhlani Camp Site
We will head to Chandrakhani Pass after breakfast. The trek will be an uphill walk of around an hour. From the pass, you can cherish the impressive view of Ghalpo Peaks of Lahaul- Dharamsura (6446 m) and Papsura (6451 m) and the other high peaks in the upper Tosh valley. Don’t forget to take ample Group Photos and Safe Selfies. After a relaxing and refreshing break at Chandrakhani Pass, you will descend back to the Chakhlani Campsite. Dinner and Overnight stay at Chakhlani Campsite.
DAY 4 - Trek to Rumsu - Return to Manali
Good Morning Folks, Head back to Rumsu after breakfast. Once we reach to Rumsu, we will head back to Manali in our transfer vehicle. Don’t forget to share your experience and feedback on our way back to Manali. Once we reach to Manali, all the best for your future journey.
INCLUSIONS & EXCLUSIONS
INR 9000 + 5% GST
● Tents, sleeping bags, (Oximeter, Oxygen cylinders in case of emergency) and well-stocked First Aid kits.
● Necessary Permits
● Depending on route, Comfortable Guesthouses and Home Stays at Base Camps or in High quality tents on triple sharing basis.
● Hygienic food by experienced camping cooks. Majorly vegetarian food provided.
● Besides Trek Leaders, every batch has sufficient support staff including Local Guides, Cooks and Helpers. Porters too are provided on demand for carrying Personal Rucksack.
● Transportation from Manali to Manali, Transport is being provided in small vehicles or SUV’s to ensure safe ride.
● Personal expense
● Bottled water
● Cost of emergency
● Personal Porter Charges
● Any extra cost incurred due to natural calamities
● Transportation till Manali
● Anything not mentioned in the exclusion & GST 5%
Cancellation and Refund applicable on the tour cost:
● If cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
● If cancellation done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded.
● After that no refund will be provided.
THINGS TO CARRY
● Trekking Stick / Pole
● A photocopy of your Identity Proof (Passport / Voter ID Card/ PAN Card/ Aadhar Card/ Driving License).
● Rucksack – If you are offloading your Rucksack, you will need a small Daypack to carry your basic essentials.
● Good Trekking Shoes and a Pair of Slip-ons, if required for use at Campsites.
● 2 Water Bottles (1 litre each).
● Woollen or Fleece Gloves and a pair of Waterproof Gloves.
● Cotton socks and Woollen socks (2 pairs each)
● Balaclava, Woollen scarf – If you do not have a Balaclava, you can carry Monkey cap instead
● Thermal Inners
● Fleece Jacket, Snow Jacket or Padded Jacket (1 each)
● Windcheater or Poncho
● 3-4 pairs of Trek Pants
● 2 Collared and Full Sleeved T-shirts – Do not carry loose T-shirts as they tend to make you feel cold.
● Camera or Binoculars (optional)
● Ready to eat Snacks, Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D Powder – Carry nuts, Dry fruits, Energy Bars to munch on during the trek. They provide instant energy whenever it hits the lower base.
● Cap, Sunglasses - Do ensure that your sunglasses are UV Protected. Do not carry reflectors.
● Headlamp/LED Torch – Mandatory
● Toiletries – Sunscreen, Moisturizer, Light Towel, Lip balm, Wet wipes, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Hand Sanitizer, Mosquito Repellent, if required
● Polythene Bags or Zip-lock Bags – These help to segregate Wet clothes, used Wet wipes or Sanitary napkins on trek
● Any medicines that you normally consume - Please consult your doctor in this regard
RULES & FAQ
Our (Small Steps Adventures) primary concern is the Safety and Well-being of all the Trekkers.
In pursuance of this responsibility, we have the Right to amend or Cancel this Program due to Weather Conditions or Change from Time to Time due to Personal Health Problems by the Participants.
Small Steps Adventures, will not be responsible for the Weather, Health Related, Political Issues. We ensure you a Memorable Trekking Experience with us.
We always try to give you information about any changes in the Schedule/ Itinerary, if there are any, as soon as possible we receive it.
If any trekker is cancelling his/ her seat due to personal reasons no refund will be payable in such circumstances.
chandrakhani pass, chandrakhani pass trek, chanderkhani pass, chandrakhani trek, chanderkhani pass trek, chandrakhani pass trekking, trekking camps in india, camping in kullu manali, camping in kullu, trekking in himachal
Get regular event updates through WhatsApp:
Step 1 : Save this (77380 73691) number in your phone book as Small Steps Adventures.
Step 2 : Ping us your Name and Email Id on above saved number.
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now onwards.