Type: Hill Fort
Height: 3000 ft.
Base Village: Ekole
Ghangad Fort is in Mulshi Taluka of Pune District. It is 116 kms and 102 kms away from Mumbai and Pune respectively. The trek to Ghnagad Fort is through a small Jungle trail which later leads to steps to the Fort. The top view provides beautiful views of the Andharban Jungle, Sudhagad Fort, Tailbaila Pinnacle and glimpses of Korigad. The fort also has some water cisterns, remnants of palaces and a temple of Goddess Garjai. There is a small inscription in Marathi which says “Shree Garjai Maharajanchi ni Kille Ghangadachi”
We are Waiting for you
Meet at Lonavala Railway Station at 8 am. We will travel in the transfer vehicle to Ekole village which is the base village of Ghangad Fort.
Reach base village around 9:30 am. Before begin the trek please fill your stomach with simple but healthy breakfast. After a brief introduction and instruction round, we will begin the trek to Ghangad Fort.
Ghangad Fort, we are here
We will reach around 12:30 pm at Ghangad Fort. Enjoy the views of Tailbaila, Andharban Jungle, Sarasgad, Sudhagad, Mulshi Dam and glimpses of Korigad. Explore the fort and take blessings of Goddess Garjai. Do not forget to take ample photos and safe selfies. We will descend back to the base village around 1:30 pm.
Lovely Rural Lunch
By 2:30 pm we will reach base village. Enjoy the delicious lunch cooked by local villagers and proceed towards Lonavala Railway Station around 3:30 pm.
Wow, What an Amazing Experience
Around 5 pm we will reach Lonavala Railway Station. Please share your experience and feedback before bidding adieu. We wish you all the best your further journey.
INCLUSIONS & EXCLUSIONS
INR 750 + 5% GST
● Transport by Private Vehicle Lonavla to Lonavla
● Expert team to guide participant
● First aid kit
● Anything not mentioned inclusions & GST
Cancellation and refund applicable on the tour cost:
● If cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
● If cancellation done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded.
● After that no refund will be provided
THINGS TO CARRY
● At least 2 litres of drinking water
● Photo ID card
● Good Trekking or Sport Shoes (Compulsory)
● Some ready to eat food (Plum Cakes, Biscuits)
● Electral/ Tang powder/ Glucose-D/ Salt
● Cap, Camera, Mobile Phones, Socks, Extra pairs of clothes. (if required)
● Any personal medicine
RULES & FAQ
● In Mountains & Jungles, smoking attracts honeybees and one has to face dangerous "honeybee attack" where survival of the person is difficult, hence smoking is strictly prohibited.
● Drinking Alcohol is strictly prohibited.
● Leader's Decision will be Final and Binding.
● Small Steps Adventures reserves all the right to Change/ Deviate/ Cancel the plans without prior notice.
● Telephonic Confirmation for booking is Mandatory; if unable to contact us then send a text message and we will call you back.
● Please do not carry Handbags or Jholas or Sling bags on treks.
● Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we do not take any liability for the same.
ghangad trek, ghangad fort trek, fort ghangad, trekking places near mumbai, easy trekking places near mumbai, trekking places near mumbai pune, trek to ghangad fort, trek to ghangad killa, trekking to ghangad killa, trekking in lonavala, ghangad lonavala trek, one day trek to ghangad
Get regular event updates through WhatsApp:
Step 1 : Save this (77380 73691) number in your phone book as Small Steps Adventures.
Step 2 : Ping us your Name and Email Id on above saved number.
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now onwards.