Type: Hill Fort
Height: 4700 feet
Base Village: Belpada and Khireshwar
Harishchandra Fort or famously known as Harishchandragad is located in Malshej region of Ahmednagar District. It is 200 kms and 172 kms away from Mumbai and Pune respectively. This fort is renowned among the trekkers community. As the Fort is very huge, many attractive spots which are quite far away from each other and multiple accessible routes. The most difficult amongst them is Nalichi Vaat from where we are coming. And the other two routes from Pachnai and Khireshwar are considered easy.
Harishchandragad is one such fort which has 3 peaks at the Fort called Rohidas, Taramati and Harishchandra. Of the lot, Taramati is the highest. You can also find reference of this fort in various ancient puranas such as Matsyapurana, Skandapurana and Agnipurana. It is also believed that Saint Changdev meditated in the caves of this very fort in the 14th century which helped him finished his manuscript known as Tatwasaar.
The main attractions of this fort are Saptatirtha Pushkarni, Kedareshwar Temple, Konkan Kada, Taramati Peak and Harishchandreshwar Temple.
Meeting point - Deepak Hotel, Near Kalyan Station
Train Timings: Catch CSM- Kalyan local train
10:06 pm CSMT
11:32 pm Kalyan
11:45 PM: Start our journey from Kalyan by private vehicle.
03:00 AM: Reach base village Belpada and rest for one hour, No Bio break facility available.
04:00 AM: Start ascending Harishchandra with small steps leads via Nali Chi Vaat
07:30 AM: Reach rock patch and start rock climbing
08:00 AM: Packed breakfast
11:00 PM: Reach Ganesh temple and Shankar temple
01:30 PM: lunch and rest
03:30 PM: Taramati top visit (optional).
06:00 PM: Reach back to Konkan kada, Tea, and enjoy sunset
07:00 PM: Tent pitching session and campfire
09:00 PM: Dinner and rest
06:00 AM: Wakeup call & Bio break
07:00 AM: Breakfast
07:30 AM: Start descending via Tolar khind
10:30 AM: Reach base village Khireshwar and start return journey towards Mumbai in same vehicle
01:30 PM: Reach Kalyan station
INCLUSIONS & EXCLUSIONS
INR 1900 + 5% GST
● Breakfast (Day 1 & 2)
● Lunch (Day 1 & 2)
● Evening tea
● Kalyan to Kalyan Transportation
● Tent stay
● Expertise Charges
● First aid
● Train tickets
● Any other personal expenses other than above & GST 5%
Cancellation and Refund applicable on the tour cost:
● If cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
● If cancellation done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded.
● After that no refund will be provided.
THINGS TO CARRY
● Minimum 4 litres of water (Mandatory)
● Torch with extra batteries (Mandatory)
● Shoes with good condition (Mandatory)
● ID CARD (MANDATORY)
● 1 Bed sheet, Sleeping mat/ Chatai (Mandatory)
● Cap/Scarf, full sleeves t-shirt (to protect from heat, bushes, insects), full track pant (Mandatory)
● Dry food like thepla, dates, biscuits etc (optional)
● Tang, Enerzal, Electrol etc (Optional)
● Personal medicines if any
● Extra clothes, Towel etc.
RULES & FAQ
● In Mountains & Jungles, smoking attracts honeybees and one has to face dangerous "honeybee attack" where survival of the person is difficult, hence smoking is strictly prohibited.
● Drinking Alcohol is strictly prohibited.
● Leader's Decision will be Final and Binding.
● Small Steps Adventures reserves all the right to Change/ Deviate/ Cancel the plans without prior notice.
● Telephonic Confirmation for booking is Mandatory; if unable to contact us then send a text message and we will call you back.
● Please do not carry Handbags or Jholas or Sling bags on treks.
● Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we do not take any liability for the same.