Type: Hill Fort
Height: 2320 Feet above MSL (Approx)
Base Village: Thakurwadi
Kalavantin Durg is located near Panvel Taluka of Raigad District. It is 65 kms and 110 kms away from Mumbai & Pune respectively. Kalavantin is basically a pinnacle where you have to climb through rock cut steps with valleys on both the sides. This increases the adrenaline and is most liked by the Trekker community. One must be careful while climbing those steps as there are no railings to support. Once you reach the top, you will get 360-degree view. You can view Matheran range, Vikatgad, Irshalgad, Prabalgad, Chanderi, Nakhind, Karnala and other nearby forts. If the weather is clear you can also test your eye to identify the places of Navi Mumbai.
We are Waiting for you
Meet at Panvel Railway Station at 12:30 am. We will travel in the Transfer Vehicle to Thakurwadi which is the base village of Kalavantin Durg/ Prabalgad.
Kalavantin Durg, we are coming
We will reach Thakurwadi village around 1:30 am. After a brief introduction round, we will begin the trek to Kalavantin.
Break at Prabal Machi
After 2 hours of walking on a Jungle Trail, we will reach Prabal Machi. We will rest here for a while and restart the trek to Kalavantin around 4:30 am.
Yay, we are Here
Post climbing the rock cut steps, we reach the top of Kalavantin Durg. Enjoy the breath-taking view of the sunrise and nearby mountain range. Do not forget to take ample photographs and safe selfies. We will head back to Prabal Machi around 7 am to have breakfast.
Reach Prabal Machi around 8 am. Relax and freshen up. Fill your stomach with delicious breakfast freshly cooked by the villagers. We will start the descend to Thakurwadi village around 9 am.
Wow, What an Amazing Experience
By 10:30 am we will reach the Thakurwadi village. We will travel back to Panvel Station in the Transfer Vehicle. Please share your experience and feedback of the trek on the way back.
INCLUSIONS & EXCLUSIONS
INR 550 + 5% GST
● Panvel to Panvel transport
● First Aid
● Trek Expertise.
● Any personal expenses
● GST 5%
Cancellation and Refund applicable on the tour cost:
● If cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
● If cancellation done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded.
● After that no refund will be provided.
THINGS TO CARRY
● At least 2 litres of drinking water
● Photo ID card
● Torch with extra batteries (Compulsory)
● Good trekking or sport shoes (Compulsory)
● Some ready to eat food (Plum cakes, Biscuits)
● Electral/ Tang Powder/ Glucose-D/ Salt
● Cap, Camera, Mobile Phones, Socks, Extra pairs of Clothes ( if required)
● Any personal medicine
RULES & FAQ
● In Mountains & Jungles, smoking attracts honeybees and one has to face dangerous "honeybee attack" where survival of the person is difficult, hence smoking is strictly prohibited.
● Drinking Alcohol is strictly prohibited.
● Leader's Decision will be Final and Binding.
● Small Steps Adventures reserves all the right to Change/ Deviate/ Cancel the plans without prior notice.
● Telephonic Confirmation for booking is Mandatory; if unable to contact us then send a text message and we will call you back.
● Please do not carry Handbags or Jholas or Sling bags on treks.
● Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we do not take any liability for the same.
Photolog: Click here to view.
kalavantin durg near panvel, kalavantin durg, kalavantin fort, kalavantin durg panvel, kalavantin durg trek, kalavantin trek, night trek near mumbai, trekking near panvel, trek to kalavantin durg
Get regular event updates through WhatsApp:
Step 1 : Save this (77380 73691) number in your phone book as Small Steps Adventures.
Step 2 : Ping us your Name and Email Id on above saved number.
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now onwards.