The word Keoladeo comes from the ancient Hindu temple of Lord Shiva which is at the centre of the thick (ghana in hindi) forest.
Keoladeo is one of the finest bird parks in the world, popularly known as Bharatpur Wildlife Sanctuary. It is perhaps the only case where the habitat has been created by a maharaja.
Located in Bharatpur district of Rajasthan, this park hosts a large number of exotic migratory birds and other birds of India along with Sambar, Chital, Nilgai and Boar.
Total area: 29 Sq Km
Train Suggestions :
Onward Journey : Mumbai to Bharatpur
Golden temple express
09:25 pm:Mumbai Central
Next Day 03:01 pm:Reach Bharatpur
Return Journey : Mathura to Mumbai – Aug Kranti Rajdhani
Board train to Bharatpur. Overnight train journey.
Reach Bharatpur .Travel to resort. Check in hotel freshen up. post lunch leave for our first birding session at Bharatpur. Explore the beautiful wetland ecosystem and photograph some amazing migratory birds… watch the sun set over the marshy land of Bharatpur. Return to resort, dinner and rest.
Early morning wake up and leave for Chambal National Sactuary. We will be spending the entire day in and around sanctuary. En route breakfast and explore the beautiful Chambal riverbanks and riverine ecosystem. Look out for Gharials, Otters, Turtles, Monitor lizards etc. Birds like Indian Skimmer, Sarus crane, Pallas’s Fish eagles, Indian courser, Bar headed goose etc are seen. Photograph some of these beautiful fauna!! Post lunch another birding session. Watch the sun set over the mighty Chambal. Evening travel back to resort. Discussion about the day’s sightings and dinner.
Today we will explore Bharatpur. Early morning leave for our birding session. Hands on photography lessons and click some super images of the avifauna. Return to the resort for lunch and little rest. Post lunch leave for another wildlife session and explore more of what the Bharatpur Sanctuary has to offer. Evening back to resort , discussion session and dinner. Overnight at the resort. (B, L, D)
Early morning head out for our last session in Bharatpur! Make the most of the morning , the serenity of winter morning and warmth of the sun rising over the marshland. Enjoy the marvels of Bharatpur and click some more! Return to resort for lunch. Post lunch rest and check out. Drop to Mathura. Board overnight train to Mumbai. (B, L)
Next day reach Mumbai by morning!
INCLUSIONS & EXCLUSIONS
INR 14400 + 5% GST
● Pick up from Bharatpur railway station and drop at Mathura railway station.
● Along with travel to Chambal Sanctuary and back.
● Ac Accommodation at hotel on Twin Sharing Basis. Hotel : Iora Guesthouse Or Similar
● Meals at destination as per mentioned in the Itinerary. (Veg. Lunch and Non-Veg. Dinner)
● All birding & photography sessions at Bharatpur and Chambal.
● Cycle-rickshaw charges, boating charges at Bharatpur Sanctuary and Chambal Sanctuary.
● All forest permissions and entry charges.
● All tolls, permits and guide fees etc
● Any tips or gratitude.
● Any personal orders, laundry, phone calls etc.
● Camera charges.
● Any Other Expense other than mentioned above
● Taxes as applicable
Cancellation and Refund applicable on the tour cost:
● If cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
● If done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded.
● After that no refund will be provided.
THINGS TO CARRY
● Dull Colored Clothes (Please don’t wear Bright colored Clothes
● Sanitary Kit
● Dry Food (snacks)
● Torch (Must)
● Personal First Aid kit
● Cap, goggle, sunscreen, moisturizer etc.
● Sport shoes or Kitos/ sandal
● Electral powder / Glucon D
● Binocular/Camera with lenses (Optional)
● Water Bottle (3 liter must)
● Odomos (Mosquito Repellent)
● Tripod will be helpful to avoid shake as there will be low light
● Umbrella or Poncho/Cap
RULES & FAQ
● In mountains & jungles, smoking attracts honeybees and one has to face dangerous "honeybee attack" where survival of the person is difficult, hence smoking is strictly prohibited.
● Drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
● Leader's decision will be final and binding.
● Small Steps Adventures reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
● Telephonic confirmation for booking is mandatory; if unable to contact us then send a text message and we will call you back.
● Please do not carry handbags or Jholas or Sling bags on treks.
● Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewelry, etc. If carried, then we do not take any liability for the same.
Get regular event updates through WhatsApp:
Step 1 : Save this (77380 73691) number in your phone book as Small Steps Adventures.
Step 2 : Ping us your Name and Email Id on above saved number.
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now onwards.