Type: Hill Fort
Height: 3050 Feet above MSL (Approx)
Base Village: Peth Shahapur
Korigad Fort is located near Lonavala which falls in Maval Taluka, Pune. Trek to Korigad is easy as one has to pass Jungle trail and then stairs are well constructed to reach Korigad. The top view is beautiful as one witnesses Amby Valley, Pawna Lake, Runway Strip, Tung Fort, Tikona Fort, Rajmachi Fort and many more. The major attractions of Korigad Fort are 2 major ponds in its premises, its fortification wall which is 2 kilometres long, Korlaidevi Temple and Ganesh Temple.
The history of Korigad is related to Maratha Empire. In the 17th Century, Shivaji Maharaj incorporated this fort in Swarajya along with the nearby forts such as Lohagad, Visapur, Tung, Tikona, Rajmachi and Ghangad.
We are Waiting for you
Meet at Lonavala Railway Station at 7:30 pm as we will head to Peth Shahapur, base village of Korigad Fort, in our transfer vehicle.
We'll reach Peth Shahapur, base village of Korigad Fort by 9 pm. Freshen up and begin the feast of lovely rural dinner.
Time for Trek
After delicious dinner, we will begin our night trek to Korigad Fort around 10 pm with a small introductory round.
Camping at Korigad
Around Midnite we'll reach Korigad. Enjoying the chill in the air we'll start our camping session with bonfire and fun games like Mis-match, Antakshari and Traffic Jam.
Good Morning Guys, Lets Explore!
Wake up around 5:30 am. After freshening up, we will explore Korigad Fort, its Temples, Lakes and the fortification wall.
Breakfast is calling
After exploring the fort, we'll head back to Peth Shahapur around 7:30 am to enjoy delicious breakfast.
What an Experience!
Post breakfast, we will proceed to Lonavala Railway Station around 10 am in our transfer vehicle sharing our memories and experience with our fellow trekkers.
INCLUSIONS & EXCLUSIONS
INR 1000 + 5% GST
● Transport by private vehicle Lonavla to Lonavla
● Dinner (Veg / Non-veg)
● Breakfast, Tent accommodation
● Expert team to guide participant
● First aid kit
● Anything not mentioned in the Include list & GST
Cancellation and refund applicable on the tour cost:
● If cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
● If cancellation done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded.
● After that no refund will be provided.
THINGS TO CARRY
● Chaddar and mattress
● At least 3 litres of drinking water
● Torch with extra batteries
● Photo ID card
● Good trekking or sport shoes
● Some ready to eat food (plum cakes, biscuits)
● Jackets (For good pictures :))
● Electral/Tang powder/Glucose-D/salt
● Cap, camera, mobiles phones, socks, extra pairs of cloths. (if required)
● Personal medicines if any
RULES & FAQ
● In mountains & jungles, smoking attracts honeybees and one has to face dangerous "honeybee attack" where survival of the person is difficult, hence smoking is strictly prohibited.
● Drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
● Leader's decision will be final and binding.
● Small Steps Adventures reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
● Telephonic confirmation for booking is mandatory; if unable to contact us then send a text message and we will call you back.
● Please do not carry handbags or Jholas or Sling bags on treks.
● Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewelry, etc. If carried, then we do not take any liability for the same.
Get regular event updates through WhatsApp:
Step 1 : Save this (77380 73691) number in your phone book as Small Steps Adventures.
Step 2 : Ping us your Name and Email Id on above saved number.
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now onwards.