Type: Hill Fort
Height: 3050 Feet above MSL (Approx)
Base Village: Peth Shahapur
Korigad Fort is located near Lonavala which falls in Maval Taluka, Pune. It is 105 kms and 80 kms away from Mumbai and Pune respectively. Trek to Korigad is easy as one has to pass Jungle trail and then stairs are well constructed to reach Korigad. The top view is beautiful as one witnesses Amby Valley, Pawna Lake, Runway Strip, Tung Fort, Tikona Fort, Rajmachi Fort and many more. The major attractions of Korigad Fort are 2 major ponds in its premises, its fortification wall which is 2 kilometres long, Korlaidevi Temple and Ganesh Temple.
The history of Korigad is related to Maratha Empire. In the 17th Century, Shivaji Maharaj incorporated this fort in Swarajya along with the nearby forts such as Lohagad, Visapur, Tung, Tikona, Rajmachi and Ghangad.
We are Waiting for you
Meet at Lonavala Railway Station at 8 am. We will travel in the Transfer Vehicle to Peth Shahapur which is the base village of Korigad Fort.
We will reach Peth Shahapur village around 9 am. Before we begin the trek, we will fill our stomach with delicious breakfast.
Korigad Fort, here we come
We will start the trek to Korigad Fort around 9:30 am post Breakfast. Enjoy the surrounding views of beautiful landscapes while climbing.
Yay, we are here
We will reach the top of the fort around 11 am. Explore the fort and take ample group photos and safe selfies. Don’t forget to walk near the fortification wall to enjoy the high-speed winds. We will start the descend around 12 noon.
Lovely Rural Lunch
We will reach the base village around 1 pm. Feast on the delicacies of freshly cooked vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes by the villagers. We will head to Lonavala Railway Station around 2 pm.
Wow, What an Amazing Experience
We will reach Lonavala Railway Station around 4 pm. Please don’t forget to share your experience about the event on our way back. All the best for the future journey.
INCLUSIONS & EXCLUSIONS
INR 1000 per adult
● Breakfast (Limited)
● Lunch (Veg / Non veg Unlimited)
● Lonavala to Lonavala transport
● First Aid
● Trek Expertise.
● Any personal expenses
● GST 5%
Cancellation and Refund applicable on the tour cost:
● If cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
● If cancellation done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded
● After that no refund will be provided.
THINGS TO CARRY
● At least 2 ltrs of Drinking Water
● Extra Clothes and Raincoat
● Photo ID card
● Good Trekking or Sport Shoes (Compulsory)
● Some ready to eat food (Plum cakes, Biscuits)
● Electral/ Tang powder/ Glucose-D/ Salt
● Cap, Camera, Mobile Phones, Socks (if required)
● Any personal medicine
RULES & FAQ
● In Mountains & Jungles, smoking attracts honeybees and one has to face dangerous "honeybee attack" where survival of the person is difficult, hence smoking is strictly prohibited.
● Drinking Alcohol is strictly prohibited.
● Leader's Decision will be Final and Binding.
● Small Steps Adventures reserves all the right to Change/ Deviate/ Cancel the plans without prior notice.
● Telephonic Confirmation for booking is Mandatory; if unable to contact us then send a text message and we will call you back.
● Please do not carry Handbags or Jholas or Sling bags on treks.
● Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we do not take any liability for the same.
korigad fort trek, korigad trek, korigad trekking, trek to korigad, one day treks near mumbai, monsoon treks near mumbai, korigad fort, easy treks near mumbai, one day treks near pune, one day trekking near mumbai, weekend treks near mumbai