Type: Hill Fort
Height: 3100 ft
Base Village: Ambivadi
Kothligad, Kothaligad, Kotligad or Peth Fort is one and the same. It is located near Kashele Village falling under Karjat Taluka, Raigad District. It is a paradise for photographers in Monsoon season as one can witness numerous waterfalls all along the trek. After having a feast of views, reach the top to sight nearby hill forts. Kothaligad or Peth Fort is surrounded by Rajmachi Fort, Dhak Bahiri Caves, Siddhagad and Jungle of Bhimashankar. It has also many water cisterns, Temples and Bhairoba cave that can accommodate 30 – 40 persons at a time.
It is believed that this fort came into prominence during King Sambhaji’s era as Kothaligad was used as store house for Ammunition and Food.
We are Waiting for you
Meet at Karjat Railway Station at 7 am as we will head to Ambivadi Village by transfer vehicle, base village of Kothaligad Fort.
We will reach the Ambivadi village around 8:30 am. Before we begin the trek, let us fill our stomach with the local breakfast and hot tea.
Kothaligad, we are coming!
We will begin our trek to Kothaligad fort by 9:30 am, enjoying the Jungle and the views.
Wow, we are here!
Reach the top around 12 pm. Explore the caves, water cisterns, Temples, bastions and enjoy the view of the valley. We will start descend around 12:30 pm.
Lovely Rural Lunch
We will reach the plateau of Peth village around 1:30 pm. Enjoy the delicious lunch made by the villagers as we rejuvenate our body and mind. We will restart the descend again around 2:30 pm.
What an Experience, Mumbai!
Reach Ambivadi village around 4 pm as we will head back to Karjat Railway Station in our transfer vehicle sharing your experience and feedback of the trek with our fellow trekkers.
INCLUSIONS & EXCLUSIONS
INR 850 + 5% GST
● Transportation by private vehicle from Karjat to Karjat
● Expertise charges
● Any other personal expenses other than Inclusions & GST
Cancellation and Refund applicable on the tour cost:
● If cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
● If cancellation done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded.
● After that no refund will be provided.
THINGS TO CARRY
● 2 litres of drinking water
● Photo ID card
● Good trekking or sport shoes (Compulsory)
● Some ready to eat food (plum cakes, biscuits)
● Electral/Tang powder/Glucose-D/salt
● Cap, camera, mobiles phones, socks, extra pairs of clothes/ raincoat.
● Any personal medicine
RULES & FAQ
● In mountains & jungles, smoking attracts honeybees and one has to face dangerous "honeybee attack" where survival of the person is difficult, hence smoking is strictly prohibited.
● Drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
● Leader's decision will be final and binding.
● Small Steps Adventures reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
● Telephonic confirmation for booking is mandatory; if unable to contact us then send a text message and we will call you back.
● Please do not carry handbags or Jholas or Sling bags on treks.
● Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewelry, etc. If carried, then we do not take any liability for the same.
kothaligad trek, kothaligad fort, trek to kothaligad, kothaligad karjat, peth kothaligad, fort kothaligad, peth fort trek
Get regular event updates through WhatsApp:
Step 1 : Save this (77380 73691) number in your phone book as Small Steps Adventures.
Step 2 : Ping us your Name and Email Id on above saved number.
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now onwards.