Leh - Ladakh History: Going by the record books, the history of the Ladakh started getting documented right after the 7th and 8th century. In the 7th and 8th century, Tibetanization of Ladakh began. Even today, people believe that Ladakh is a part of the Tibet. By the end of the 9th century, the Tibetan culture started heavily influencing the major developments in Ladakh. Tibetans kept on playing the role of the major key players till the 9th century. The rulers of Tibet. Yarlung Dynasty kept a strong hold on the Tibet boundaries. Then an Islamic kingdom allied itself with China, which made Tibet stop its military expansion. Then Ladakh came under the control of Ralpacan, a strong king, and devout Buddhist. He initiated many measures to support Buddhism. After his assassination, Ralpacan's brother Lang Darma came into power and gained a large following in Tibet. Some years later, after the demise of Lang Darms, the population of Buddhist started reducing. Ultimately, Ladakh became an independent kingdom under the rule of a local ruler.
In the 10th century, the Lha Chen Palgyi-Gon, a descendant of Lang Darma came into power. During his tenure, major cultural and religious practices were initiated. Later in 1553, Namgyal Dynasty, conquered Ladakh. They kept their rule over Ladakh until the 17th century. In the Namgyal Dynasty, Singe Namgyal was the most important leader who ruled Ladakh in the 17th century. He was known by the name of "Lion King,".and was noted was his contribution in making palaces, monasteries and shrines
After the death of Singe Namgyal, his area was divided and given a name - Ladakh. Then it eventually passed to his successor, Deldan Namgyal (ca. 1675-1705). During his rule, Deldan Namgya erected the golden Buddha at Shey.
He was also involved in many allianced with the kings of Kashmir and Tibet. Later, Mughals came to power in Ladakh, and when they left, Tibet invaded the area. In the 18th century, then king of Ladakh began started appointing elders to take control of all the village related matter. Many printing presses came up who used to produce religious texts. Also in the 18th century, Sikh rulers even came into the picture and established over Jammu and Kashmir. Then Dogra Invasion of 1834 began during which Zorawar Singh, invaded Ladakh. After the Sikh ruler, Britons took control of Ladakh and made it a part of Jammu and Kashmir under the control of the Maharaja of Kashmir.
Day 01 : Leh Airport
Arrival at Leh Airport and transfer to Hotel. Rest day leisure time for acclimatization and to roam around Leh town by your own. Overnight in Hotel.
Day 02 : Leh Local Sight-seeing
After breakfast proceed for a sightseeing around Leh which covers Shanti Stupa, War Museum, Leh Palace, Shey Palace, Thiksey & Hemis Monastery. Overnight in Hotel.
Day 03 : Leh-Khardung La- Nubra Valley (135 kms)
Today is a day to visit Highest Motorable Road in the world called Khardung La Pass. After breakfast proceed towards Nubra Valley, en route visit Khardung La Pass. Post lunch arrival at Hunder and check in Camps. Evening visit sand dunes of Nubra and Camel ride on double humped camel. Overnight in Deluxe Camps.
Day 04 : Nubra Valley-Leh (135 kms)
After breakfast proceed back towards Leh via same route en-route visit Diskit Monastery and Buddha Statue overlooking Nubra Valley. Evening experience the thrill of rafting in rapids of Zanskar river. Overnight in Hotel.
Day 05 : Leh-Chang La Pass-Pangong Lake (160 kms)
After breakfast proceed towards Pangong, en route visit Chang la pass considered as third highest motor able road. Evening enjoy the mesmerizing Pangong Lake and its surroundings. Overnight in Deluxe Camps.
Day 06 : Spangmik – Tso Moriri Lake (230 kms)
Early morning check out and travel to the longest but the most scenic journey of the tour via Chushul & Karzok. Late evening arrival at Tso moriri lake. Overnight in Deluxe Camps
Day 07 : Tso Moriri Lake – Leh (220 kms)
Early morning visit Tso Moriri lake. Check out and return back to Leh. Arrival at Leh by late evening. Overnight in Hotel.
Day 08 : Leh – Lamayuru – Leh (230 kms)
After breakfast proceed to visit famous Monastery of Lamayuru and Moonland on opposite Hill. While returning back visit Alchi Monastery, confluence of Indus and Zanskar, Magnetic Hill and Pathar Sahib Gurudwara. Overnight in Hotel.
Day 09 : Drop to Leh Airport
After early breakfast drop to Leh Airport.
INCLUSIONS & EXCLUSIONS
INR 35000 + 5% GST
● 08 Nights / 09 days accommodation in deluxe hotels/camps on twin sharing basis
● Breakfast and Dinner at Hotel/ Camps
● Tempo Traveller for transfers and sightseeing
● Inner line permits
● Entry tickets, wherever necessary
● Experienced leader
● Any transfer till Leh and return. (Train/Airways/ Roadways)
● Any personal orders, soft/hard drinks and mineral water
● Any personal expenses like Laundry Bills, Table Bills, Camera Fees, Tips or gratitude.
● Any medical / rescue evacuation due to mishaps like bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
● Any cost arising due to natural calamities like landslides, roadblocks etc (to be borne by the clients directly on the spot.)
● Anything other than above mention inclusions
● Taxes as applicable.
Cancellation and refund applicable on the tour cost:
● If cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
● If done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded.
● After that no refund will be provided.
THINGS TO CARRY
● Hat / Cap
● Woolen cap / Balaclava
● Warm Scarf, Pair of Woolen Gloves
● Round neck T-shirts (min 3)
● Fleece Sweatshirt / Sweater (min 1)
● Windproof Jacket (min 1)
● Leggings from a Track-suit, min 01 pair, shorts
● Pair of sturdy sports shoes with rubber sole
● Cotton Socks, Woolen Socks, min 03 pairs each
● Thermal Inners, Lower & Upper, (min 2)
● Raincoat / Poncho (min 1)
● Torch with spare batteries, (min 1)
● Sunscreen lotion, min 30 SPF, Toiletries
● Medicines as specified by doctor
● Camera, Cam charger, Mobile Charger.
RULES & FAQ
● Always get in touch with our tour leaders, if you have any queries.
● Small Steps Adventures will not be responsible for any physical harm during the tour.
● Follow all the instructions of tour leader to avoid any mishaps.
leh ladakh tour, leh ladakh tour packages, leh ladakh tour packages from mumbai, leh ladakh package, leh ladakh trip, ladakh tour packages, leh tour packages, leh ladakh tour packages cost, trip to leh ladakh, leh ladakh trip cost, leh ladakh trip package
Get regular event updates through WhatsApp:
Step 1 : Save this (77380 73691) number in your phone book as Small Steps Adventures.
Step 2 : Ping us your Name and Email Id on above saved number.
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now onwards.