Type: Hill Fort
Height: 2815 FT above MSL (Approx.)
Base Village: Mahuli Village
The Famous mountain structure replicating Colorado Mountains which can be viewed from Mumbai – Nashik Highway near Shahapur. This mountain structure is actually group of various pinnacles and forts. Mahuli is one of the forts which is famous and exciting trekking spots for adventure enthusiasts. Mahuli gad or Mahuli Fort is located near Asangaon falling under Shahapur Taluka, Thane. Trek to Mahuli fort is through dense jungle and difficult patches in between. It normally takes 3 hours to reach top of Mahuli fort.
From the Top one can see the adjoining Pinnacles and Forts. Bhandargad and Palasgad are the 2 adjoining forts. Navra, Navri, Wazir are the Pinnacles which are the favourite destination for rock climbing and rappelling. If the clouds are not blurring the view, then you can also witness the adjoining towns such as Shahapur, Asangaon, Vasind and Mumbai – Pune Highway NH 3.
The creator of the fort is lost in the pages of history. However, Nizamshahi were the rulers of the fort before Maratha Empire came to power. The fort has been exchanged many times between Mughals and the Marathas during the 17th and 18th Century before the British ruled India.
Meeting Point: Asangaon Railway Station at 7:30 AM
We are Waiting for you
Meet at Asangaon Railway Station by 7:30 am as we'll head to Mahuli gaon by transfer vehicle, base village of Mahuli Gad.
We will reach the base village Mahuli Gaon around 8:15 am. Before we begin the trek, let us fill our stomach with the local breakfast and hot tea.
Mahuli Fort, we are Coming!
We'll begin our trek to Mahuli fort by 9 am, exploring the dense Jungle.
Wow, we are here!
Reach top around 12:30 pm. Explore the Fort, Stone Carved Doors and enjoy the view of the Forest. We will fill our stomach with lovely tiffin box lunch with our fellow trekkers. We start descend around 1:30 pm.
Delicious Snacks & Tea
Reach Mahuli Gaon around 4:30 pm. Freshen up and Revitalise you body with hot tea and freshly cooked snacks.
What an Experience, Mumbai!
We will head back to Asangaon Railway Station after our Snacks Time in our transfer vehicle by 5:15 pm as we share our experience of the trek with our fellow trekkers.
INCLUSIONS & EXCLUSIONS
INR 700 + 5% GST
● Transportation from Asangaon Rly. Stn. to Asangaon Rly. Stn.
● Evening Snacks & Tea
● First aid
● Expertise charges
● Lunch & Anything that is not mentioned in inclusions & GST.
Cancellation and refund applicable on the tour cost:
● If cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
● If cancellation done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded.
● After that no refund will be provided.
THINGS TO CARRY
● 2 litres of drinking water and Photo ID card
● Extra cloths and raincoat
● Packed Lunch
● Good trekking or sport shoes (Compulsory)
● Some ready to eat food (plum cakes, biscuits)
● Electral/Tang powder/Glucose-D/salt
● Cap, camera, mobiles phones, socks, extra pairs of clothes ( if required)
● Any personal medicine
RULES & FAQ
● In mountains & jungles, smoking attracts honeybees and one has to face dangerous "honeybee attack" where survival of the person is difficult, hence smoking is strictly prohibited.
● Drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
● Leader's decision will be final and binding.
● Small Steps Adventures reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
● Telephonic confirmation for booking is mandatory; if unable to contact us then send a text message and we will call you back.
● Please do not carry handbags or Jholas or Sling bags on treks.
● Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewelry, etc. If carried, then we do not take any liability for the same.
one day trekking near mumbai, mahuli fort trek, mahuli trek, trekking in mumbai for one day, trekking packages in mumbai, trekking in monsoon mumbai, mahuli trekking, mahuli gad trekking
Get regular event updates through WhatsApp:
Step 1 : Save this (77380 73691) number in your phone book as Small Steps Adventures.
Step 2 : Ping us your Name and Email Id on above saved number.
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now onwards.