Type: Hill fort
Fort Height: 1867 ft.
Manikgad is located near Panvel of Raigad District. It is 62 kms and 116 kms away from Mumbai and Pune respectively. The trek to Manikgad is easy but tiresome as one has to take a complete round of the fort to enter. On reaching, you will find 2 – 3 water cisterns, remnants of the fort, limestone grinder and a temple. The fort was built by Bhoj Raja before Shivaji Maharaj took this fort ender the Maratha regime. In the treat of Purandar, this fort was handed over to Mughals among many others.
Many trekkers visit this fort during monsoon as it does not exhaust them much and the surrounding is picturesque. If the weather is clear one can view Karnala, Irshalgad, Prabalgad and glimpses of Kalavantin Durg.
We are Waiting for you
Meet at Panvel Railway Station at 7 am. We will travel in the transfer vehicle to Vashivali village which is the base village of Manikgad.
We will reach Vashivali village around 8 am. Before we begin the trek please fill your stomach with simple but healthy breakfast. After a brief round of Introduction and Instructions we will begin the trek to Manikgad.
Manikgad we are here
After starting the trek around 9 am, we will reach Manikgad Fort around 12:30 pm. Relax and enjoy the views of nearby forts and surroundings. Do not forget to take ample photo and safe selfies. We will descend back to base village around 1:30 pm.
We will reach Base village around 4 pm. Enjoy the delicious lunch cooked by the villagers to regain the lost energy.
Wow, What an Amazing Experience
By 5 pm, we will leave to Panvel Railway Station in the transfer vehicle. Please share your experience and feedback on the way back. We wish you all the best for your further journey.
INCLUSIONS & EXCLUSIONS
INR 700 + 5% GST
● Transportation by private vehicle from Panvel to Panvel
● Expertise charges
● Any other than mentioned above
● GST 5%
Cancellation and Refund applicable on the tour cost:
● if cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
● If cancellation done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded.
● After that no refund will be provided.
THINGS TO CARRY
● At least 2 litres of drinking water.
● Photo ID card.
● Good trekking or sport shoes (Compulsory)
● Some ready to eat food (plum cakes, biscuits)
● Electral/ Tang powder/ Glucose-D/ Salt
● Cap, camera, mobiles phones, socks, extra pairs of clothes.( if required)
● Any personal medicine.
● Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewelry, etc. If carried, then we do not take any liability for the loss of the same.
RULES & FAQ
● In Mountains & Jungles, smoking attracts honeybees and one has to face dangerous "honeybee attack" where survival of the person is difficult, hence smoking is strictly prohibited.
● Drinking Alcohol is strictly prohibited.
● Leader's Decision will be Final and Binding.
● Small Steps Adventures reserves all the right to Change/ Deviate/ Cancel the plans without prior notice.
● Telephonic Confirmation for booking is Mandatory; if unable to contact us then send a text message and we will call you back.
● Please do not carry Handbags or Jholas or Sling bags on treks.
● Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we do not take any liability for the same.
Photolog: Click here to view.
manikgad trek, manikgad fort trek, one day treks near mumbai, forts near mumbai, forts near mumbai for trekking, trekking near panvel, trek near panvel, fort near panvel, manikgarh fort, monsoon treks in mumbai, easy treks in maharashtra, trek to manikgad fort, trekking manikgad, easy treks around mumbai, trekking spots near mumbai
Get regular event updates through WhatsApp:
Step 1 : Save this (77380 73691) number in your phone book as Small Steps Adventures.
Step 2 : Ping us your Name and Email Id on above saved number.
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now onwards.