Location: Nagalapuram, Andra Pradesh
Duration: 2 Days - 2 Nights
Trek Distance: 12 Km
Difficulty Level: Easy To Moderate
Nagalapuram is one of the beautiful hill station situated in Chittur District, southern part of Andra Pradesh, around 280 km from Bengaluru. Normally known for the various water falls situated in the hill station. As a Nature Walker I would say Nagalapuram is "Queen of Water Falls", to see why you should come with us to explore.
Reaching the water falls is not so easy as it depends on the path we take to reach them. Trekking from west side of the hill station is easy compared to east. So most of the trekkers take west entry to reach the various water falls.
Nagalapuram trek is one of the most popular treks in and around Chennai as it is close to Chennai. Camping in the jungle is not officially allowed but people do camping here at their own risk.
Day 1: Departure
10.30 pm - 11.30 pm - Bangalore:
Leaving from Bangalore at late night. We request you to have dinner before travelling. This trip would be an overnight journey to Nagalapuram in which we would have an informal introduction and have fun.
6.30 am - 8 am: Nagalapuram Homestay
Reaching Nagalapuram in the morning. Fresh up at the homestay and Set up for the trek after a nice breakfast.
8.30 am - 10 am: Trek Base and Start trekking
We will be starting our trek from the Nagalapuram Trek base. Where there is a dam constructed for the stream water to get stored.
10 am - 10.30 am: Into the Wild
Starting of the trek will be through a open land with some minimal trees. Once you enter into the forest you will experience a whole new weather with small water streams flowing.
10.30 am - 11.30 am: First Water Falls
Further trekking into the jungle will take us to the First Water Falls which is eye catchy spot for the swimmers. Bit risky to get inside if you don’t know swimming. After taking some break and refreshment from the falls we will continue our trek.
11.30 am - 12 pm: Second Water Falls
The safe and the best place to get into water. You can even have “Fish Spa” here. Taking a dip into water here is very rejuvenating. And if you have a water proof camera you can even take a video of Fish Spa.
12 pm - 1 pm: Third Water Falls: Dream come true moment for those who know swimming. The water flows from top of the hill this water falls. The force of the water has created a pool like structure so that swimmers can jump form the hill top. We will have our packed lunch here and start descending after spending some quality time.
2.30 pm - 5.30 pm: Descending back
You can even get into the water while descending if you are not satisfied yet. Once we reach the base will get into the bus and head back to homestay followed by snacks, dinner and campfire.
8.30 am - 9.30 am: Kone Falls and Temple Visit
Near to the homestay there is a water falls and a temple. We can even take bath here before entering the temple.
10.30 am - 10.30 pm: Return Journey to Bangalore.
INCLUSIONS & EXCLUSIONS
INR 3099 + 5% GST
● To and fro journey
● Two breakfasts (Saturday, Sunday)
● One lunch (Saturday)
● One dinner (Saturday)
● Forest permit
● Snack/Power packs for trek
● Lots and lots of FUN.
● Lunch (Sunday)
● Dinner (Friday/Sunday)
● Any personal purchases.
Cancellation and Refund applicable on the tour cost:
● If cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
● If done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded.
● After that no refund will be provided.
THINGS TO CARRY
● Torch/headlamp, with extra batteries
● Ankle Shoes / or comfortable shoes with good grip
● 1ltr Water bottle or hydration pack.
● Back pack 30litres.
● Rain coat or poncho.
● Dry fruits, energy bar, chocolates, energy drink, Snacks etc.
● Personal medication.
● Sweater/ fleece jackets as nights would be cold.
● Extra pair of clothes.
● Toiletry kit.
● Quick dry pants and cotton T-shirt as per Requirement
● Camera and sun cap.
● A mixture of Tobacco and snuff solution or salt to avoid leeches.
RULES & FAQ
● In mountains & jungles, smoking attracts honeybees and one has to face dangerous "honeybee attack" where survival of the person is difficult, hence smoking is strictly prohibited.
● Drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
● Leader's decision will be final and binding.
● Small Steps Adventures reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
● Telephonic confirmation for booking is mandatory; if unable to contact us then send a text message and we will call you back.
● Please do not carry handbags or Jholas or Sling bags on treks.
● Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewelry, etc. If carried, then we do not take any liability for the same.
Get regular event updates through WhatsApp:
Step 1 : Save this (77380 73691) number in your phone book as Small Steps Adventures.
Step 2 : Ping us your Name and Email Id on above saved number.
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now onwards.