Short Info: The Campsite is an eco-lodge situated inside the forest where one can get close to the wilderness offered by the western ghats that run along Wayanad district. It’s situated approx. 30 km from Kalpetta (the nearest town) and 15 km from Meppadi (comparatively smaller town). The nearest point you can reach via your own mode of transport is Kalladi. From here, you would be taken up to our resort in a jeep, as the terrain is pure offroad ascend.
A heaven for avid bird watchers, you might also spot lots of flora & fauna including sambar deer, Malabar squirrel, Asian palm civet, porcupine and over 250 bird species while enjoying the eerie silence of the forest.
You can engage yourself in archery, fishing, or ball games at Campsite and in terms of adventure you could unwind at the nearby stream, trek to see Cave house and explore the forest.
There are attractive spots nearby which you can check out while staying at the campsite – including Edakkal caves / Soochippara waterfalls / Chembra peak etc.
DAY 0 -
Depart from Bangalore by 10:00 PM
DAY 1 -
Arrival at Kalladi ( pick up point for campsite )
6 km off road Jeep ride
Arrival at campsite and refreshments
Explore the area, visit cave house and mud house.
Dinner and Campfire
DAY 2 -
Stream walk and take a dip at the natural pool
Indoor/Outdoor Games( Carroms, Archery, Football, Batminton etc)
Drive back to drop point by Jeep
INCLUSIONS & EXCLUSIONS
INR 4250 + 5% GST
● Transportation to and fro from Bangalore
● Sharing basis accommodation in tents
● Food - 2 Breakfast - 1 Lunch - 1 Dinner
● Experience that you gain
● Anything not included in the inclusions above
● Any kind of insurance
● Personal Expense(snacks, mineral water etc.)
Cancellation and Refund applicable on the tour cost:
● If cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
● If done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded.
● After that no refund will be provided.
THINGS TO CARRY
● At least 2 ltrs of drinking water.
● Photo ID card.
● Good trekking or sport shoes (Compulsory)
● Some ready to eat food (plum cakes, biscuits)
● Electral/Tang powder/Glucose-D/salt
● Cap, camera, mobiles phones, socks, extra pairs of clothes/ raincoat.
● Any personal medicine
RULES & FAQ
● In mountains & jungles, smoking attracts honeybees and one has to face dangerous "honeybee attack" where survival of the person is difficult, hence smoking is strictly prohibited.
● Drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
● Leader's decision will be final and binding.
● Small Steps Adventures reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
● Telephonic confirmation for booking is mandatory; if unable to contact us then send a text message and we will call you back.
● Please do not carry handbags or Jholas or Sling bags on treks.
● Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewelry, etc. If carried, then we do not take any liability for the same.
Get regular event updates through WhatsApp:
Step 1 : Save this (77380 73691) number in your phone book as Small Steps Adventures.
Step 2 : Ping us your Name and Email Id on above saved number.
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now onwards.