Dodhani is a small village located near Panvel in the District of Raigad. It is 55 kms and 135 kms away from Mumbai and Pune respectively. The trek from Dodhani to Matheran is through a Jungle trail of considerable steepness. But this trek offers beautiful views of nearby waterfalls. Many villagers use this route to reach Matheran for business opportunities. We will reach Matheran from Sunset Point where you can see the back side of Kalavantin Durg, Prabalgad, Vikatgad and nearby forts.
The best time to trek from this route is during Monsoon and Post Monsoon.
We are Waiting for you
Meet at Panvel Railway Station at 7:30 am. We will travel to Dodhani in the transfer vehicle.
We will reach Dodhani around 8:30 am. Before we begin the trek please fill your stomach with simple but healthy breakfast.
Matheran, here we come
Start the trek to Matheran by 9 am. Do not forget to take ample photographs and safe selfies on the way as you get to see various waterfalls.
Yay, we are here
Reach Matheran at the Sunset Point around 11:30 am. Enjoy the wind, the views of Kalavantin and Prabalgad and nearby forts.
Before we descend, please feast on the local delicacies cooked by the villagers at Matheran. We will descend to Dodhani around 1 pm.
Wow, What an Amazing Experience
By 3:30 pm we will reach Dodhani village. Head back to Panvel Station in the transfer vehicle. Please share your experience and feedback on the way back. We wish you all the best for your further journey.
INCLUSIONS & EXCLUSIONS
INR 800 per adult
● Transportation from Panvel to Panvel
● Expertise Charges
● Anything that not mentioned in inclusions & GST 5%
Cancellation and refund applicable on the tour cost:
● If cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
● If cancellation done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded.
● After that no refund will be provided.
THINGS TO CARRY
● At least 2 litres of drinking water
● Photo ID card
● Good Trekking or Sport Shoes (Compulsory)
● Some ready to eat food (Plum Cakes, Biscuits)
● Electral/ Tang powder/ Glucose-D/ Salt
● Cap, Camera, Mobile Phones, Socks, Extra pairs of cloths. (if required)
● Any personal medicine
RULES & FAQ
● In Mountains & Jungles, smoking attracts honeybees and one has to face dangerous "honeybee attack" where survival of the person is difficult, hence smoking is strictly prohibited.
● Drinking Alcohol is strictly prohibited.
● Leader's Decision will be Final and Binding.
● Small Steps Adventures reserves all the right to Change/ Deviate/ Cancel the plans without prior notice.
● Telephonic Confirmation for booking is Mandatory; if unable to contact us then send a text message and we will call you back.
● Please do not carry Handbags or Jholas or Sling bags on treks.
● Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we do not take any liability for the same.
trek to dodhani, matheran trek, matheran trekking, hill station near mumbai, matheran hill station, matheran trekking route, matheran mumbai, matheran trekking points, dodhani panvel, matheran trekking guide, trekking in panvel, matheran monsoon season, matheran in winter, matheran in august, dodhani trek