Type: Hill Fort
Height: 2700 FT above MSL (Approx.)
Base Village: Fanaswadi Village
Peb or Vikatgad is a small hill fort near Matheran falling under Karjat taluka, Raigad District. Trek to Vikatgad/ Peb Fort is the best during monsoon as you witness vivid shades of green all around you. The view from Peb Fort is stunning. See the sights of nearby hills and mountains playing the game of hide and seek with the Sun as the Clouds come to their rescue. Nearby forts such as Nakhind, Chanderi, Mahasmal, Prabalgad, Kalavantin Durg are prominently seen from the top of Peb Fort. Also, one can take the darshan of Datta Padukas carved in stone and Lord Shiva, Ganesha & Hanuman in a Temple at the top. We descend Vikatgad through the rail routes on Matheran side enjoying the scenes of Mountains again.
We are Waiting for you
Meet at Neral Railway Station at 8:30 am as we'll head to Fanaswadi by transfer vehicle, base village of Vikatgad Fort/ Peb Fort.
We will reach the base village Fanaswadi around 9 am. Before we begin the trek, let us fill our stomach with the local breakfast and hot tea.
Vikatgad/ Peb Fort, we are coming!
We will begin our trek to Vikatgad/ Peb Fort by 10 am cracking jokes and helping our fellow trekkers.
Wow, we are here!
Reach the top around 12:30 pm. Explore the Temples, Enjoy the view of the valley and nearby Mountains. We will share and enjoy our tiffin box lunch at top before we begin descend.
Matheran Mid-way Taxi Point
It takes 2 hours to reach Matheran Mid-way taxi point. We will reach here by 4 pm and head to Neral Railway Station in transfer vehicle.
Trek with us Again!
We'll reach Neral Station around 4:30 pm. Before we depart requesting you to please provide your valuable feedback over a cup of hot tea.
INCLUSIONS & EXCLUSIONS
INR 800 + 5% GST
● First Aid Kit
● Travelling from Neral to Neral
● Expertise charges
● Packed Lunch
● Anything that not mentioned in inclusions & GST 5%
Cancellation and refund applicable on the tour cost:
● If cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
● If cancellation done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded.
● After that no refund will be provided.
THINGS TO CARRY
● 2 Litres of drinking water
● Extra clothes, raincoat and Photo ID card
● Packed Lunch
● Good trekking or sport shoes (Compulsory)
● Some ready to eat food (plum cakes, biscuits)
● Electral/Tang powder/Glucose-D/salt
● Cap, camera, mobiles phones, socks ( if required)
● Any personal medicine
RULES & FAQ
● In mountains & jungles, smoking attracts honeybees and one has to face dangerous "honeybee attack" where survival of the person is difficult, hence smoking is strictly prohibited.
● Drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
● Leader's decision will be final and binding.
● Small Steps Adventures reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
● Telephonic confirmation for booking is mandatory; if unable to contact us then send a text message and we will call you back.
● Please do not carry handbags or Jholas or Sling bags on treks.
● Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewelry, etc. If carried, then we do not take any liability for the same.
peb fort trek, trek to peb fort, one day treks mumbai, peb fort, peb fort matheran, monsoon treks, trekking fort in maharashtra, forts near matheran, vikatgad trek, vikatgad fort
Get regular event updates through WhatsApp:
Step 1 : Save this (77380 73691) number in your phone book as Small Steps Adventures.
Step 2 : Ping us your Name and Email Id on above saved number.
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now onwards.