Type: Hill Fort
Height: 1900 ft. from MSL
Grade: Easy - Medium
Base Village: Tandulwadi
Tandulwadi Fort is near Saphale village of Palghar District. It is 95 kms and 227 kms away from Mumbai and Pune respectively. Tandulwadi Fort was built to keep a watch on nearby forts and various vessels sailing in the Arabian Sea. The Fort has been exchanged many times between the Mughals and Marathas than Portuguese and Peshwas. The top of the fort has many water cisterns. Although the water is not fit to drink. You can also view the Vaitarna River, Surya River and Zanzroi lake from the top. The best time to visit this fort is in Monsoon season.
We are Waiting for you
Meet at Saphale Station at 6: 45 am. We will travel in the transfer vehicle to Tandulwadi village.
We will reach Tandulwadi village around 7:30 am. Before we begin the trek, please fill your stomach with local healthy breakfast.
Tandulwadi Fort, here we come
After a brief round of instructions and introduction, we will head to Tandulwadi Fort by 8 am. Please fill your water bottles at the base village.
Yay, we are here
Around 10 am, we will reach the Fort. Enjoy the stunning views of Vaitarna river, Surya river and union of these two rivers. Do not forget to take ample photos and safe selfies. We will descend back to the base village around 12 noon.
Lovely Rural Lunch
Post reaching the base village around 1:30 pm, feast on the delicious delicacies cooked by the villagers. After lunch, we will leave for Saphale Station around 2:30 pm.
Wow, What an Amazing Experience
Reach Saphale Station around 3 pm. Before Bidding Adieu please share your experience and feedback of the event. We wish you all the best for your further journey.
INCLUSIONS & EXCLUSIONS
INR 750 + 5% GST
● Lunch (Veg/ Non veg)
● Transportations from Saphale to Saphale
● Any other personal expenses
Cancellation and refund applicable on the tour cost:
● If cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
● If cancellation done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded.
● After that no refund will be provided.
THINGS TO CARRY
● A good trekking shoe
● Identity proof (Mandatory)
● At least 2 Litres of water (Mandatory)
● Full sleeves t-shirt and full length pant (Mandatory - To protect from sun, insects, etc)
● Extra pair of clothes (Mandatory - To change after trek (Can be kept in vehicle during the trek))
● A haversack to put in all the things to be carried, so that one has ones hands free while trekking
● In rainy season, pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
● In rainy season, Rain coats/ Wind chitter / Poncho etc (Optional)
● Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc. (Optional)
● Cap, Scarf, Sun glasses etc. (Optional)
● Medicine those if you require usually (Optional)
RULES & FAQ
● In Mountains & Jungles, smoking attracts honeybees and one has to face dangerous "honeybee attack" where survival of the person is difficult, hence smoking is strictly prohibited.
● Drinking Alcohol is strictly prohibited.
● Leader's Decision will be Final and Binding.
● Small Steps Adventures reserves all the right to Change/ Deviate/ Cancel the plans without prior notice.
● Telephonic Confirmation for booking is Mandatory; if unable to contact us then send a text message and we will call you back.
● Please do not carry Handbags or Jholas or Sling bags on treks.
● Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we do not take any liability for the same.
Get regular event updates through WhatsApp:
Step 1 : Save this (77380 73691) number in your phone book as Small Steps Adventures.
Step 2 : Ping us your Name and Email Id on above saved number.
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now onwards.