Type: Hill Fort
Height: 1360 ft
Region: Alibaug, Raigad
Sagargad is a hill fort located in Alibaug Taluka of Raigad District. It is 98 kms and 144 kms from Mumbai and Pune respectively. The trek to Sagargad is of a Jungle Trail. Few Rocks are collectively kept to help the trekkers to use it as steps. The trek will take you through various water streams and around 1 hour you will come across Dhondane Waterfall which is in touching distance. From here, the route is divided. The Right side takes you to Sagargad fort and the left side will take you an Ashram. Once reaching at the top you, the weather will be windy and you can view the vastness of the Jungle to the horizon, the Green Meadows and Vanartok Pinnacle. It thus, become an ideal destination for every trekker and photographer.
Best Season to Trek – Monsoon and Early Winter Season.
We are Waiting for you
Meet at Dadar Railway Station (E) near Pritam Hotel at 6 am. We will travel to the Bamangaon which is the base village of Sagargad Fort. We will have breakfast en route to Sagargad Fort.
Sagargad, here we come
We will reach the Bamangaon village around 9 am. We will start the trek to Sagargad after a fun introduction and instruction round.
Yay, we are here
Reach the fort around 11:30 am. Enjoy the view of the dense jungle below and Vanartok Pinnacle. Also visit the Siddheswar Temple at the top and water cisterns called as Pandavkund. Do not forget to take ample photos and safe selfies. We will start the descend around 1 pm.
Around 2:30 pm reach the base village. Relax, freshen up and enjoy the delicacies of vegetarian meals cooked by the local villagers.
Wow, What an Amazing Experience
Post Lunch, we will head back to Dadar in our transfer vehicle around 3:30 pm. Please share your experience and feedback without fail on our way back.
INCLUSIONS & EXCLUSIONS
INR 1000 per adult
● Private Transport from Dadar to Dadar
● First Aid Kit
● Any other personal expenses other than Inclusions & GST
Cancellation and Refund applicable on the tour cost:
● If cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
● If cancellation done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded.
● After that no refund will be provided.
THINGS TO CARRY
● At least 3 litres of drinking water
● Photo ID card
● Good trekking shoes
● Extra clothes (optional)
RULES & FAQ
● In Mountains & Jungles, smoking attracts honeybees and one has to face dangerous "honeybee attack" where survival of the person is difficult, hence smoking is strictly prohibited.
● Drinking Alcohol is strictly prohibited.
● Leader's Decision will be Final and Binding.
● Small Steps Adventures reserves all the right to Change/ Deviate/ Cancel the plans without prior notice.
● Telephonic Confirmation for booking is Mandatory; if unable to contact us then send a text message and we will call you back.
● Please do not carry Handbags or Jholas or Sling bags on treks.
● Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we do not take any liability for the same.