Information: If you have not tried water sport such as Kayaking before and wish to have a hands on experience during a weekend and looking for a destination in Karnataka then River Shambavi is the right place to begin.Learn basics of Kayaking & watercraft Situated on the fringes of west-coast of western ghats where river River Shambavi flowing through Kudremukh in the Western Ghats meets the sea. The picturesque surroundings and river flowing in steady pace is an ideal place to explore by a kayak.You paddle your kayak from the Arabian sea to Western ghats along the Palimar dam after crossing the backwater.Explore the vivid environs by kayak tour and unfold the secrets of nature.
08:30 Pm Start from Bangalore.Overnight Journey.08 hours. Pickup Points will be decided based on the convenience of the entire group. Contact details of Trip leader will be shared on registration. You can coordinate with the Trip leader a day before the departure.After the last pickup the Overnight Journey of about 350 km. The trip leader will give a brief introduction about the destination.
05:30 Am Reach Base Camp. Refresh. Refreshments and Breakfast.Introduction and basics.
07:00 Am Get into Kayak and explore.Depending on the weather Forecast.
09:30 Am After Paddling Paddling Paddling
10:00 Am Stop for Watermelon break
10:15 Am Resume Paddling session
01:00 Pm Stop at Base camp for Traditional Homemade Lunch and Relax.
01:00 Pm Explore Shambavi River
06:00 Pm Reach Campsite, Refresh and have Refreshments.
07:00 Pm Barbeque, Campfire. Gaze the star-studded sky.
08:30 Pm Dinner
09:30 Pm Retire for the day. overnight stay in Tents.
06:00 Am Wake up and Refresh.
06:30 Am Refreshments
07:00 Am Breakfast and begin your day with your kayak.
11:00 Am Reach Mulki.
01:00 Pm Stop for Lunch.
02:00 Pm Resume Journey.
10:00 Pm Reach Bangalore.
INCLUSIONS & EXCLUSIONS
INR 5500 + 5% GST
● Transport by Tempo Traveler Non/Ac
● 02 Breakfast, 01 Lunch, 01 Dinner, Tea and Fruits
● Gear for kayaking
● Overnight stay in dome tents on twin sharing basis
● Sleeping bags provided
● Guide charges.
● Lunch, Snacks, and Dinner during the return journey.
Cancellation and Refund applicable on the tour cost:
● If cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
● If done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded.
● After that no refund will be provided.
THINGS TO CARRY
● Torch/headlamp , with extra batteries.
● Floaters with good grip
● 1 liter Water bottle or hydration pack.
● Backpack 30 liters
● Rain coat/Poncho
● Dry fruits, energy bar, chocolates, energy drink, Snacks etc.
● Personal medication
● Sweater/ fleece jackets as nights would be cold.
● Extra pair of clothes.
● Toiletry kit
● Quick dry shorts and cotton T-shirt as per Requirement.
● Camera (optional).
RULES & FAQ
● In mountains & jungles, smoking attracts honeybees and one has to face dangerous "honeybee attack" where survival of the person is difficult, hence smoking is strictly prohibited.
● Drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
● Leader's decision will be final and binding.
● Small Steps Adventures reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
● Telephonic confirmation for booking is mandatory; if unable to contact us then send a text message and we will call you back.
● Please do not carry handbags or Jholas or Sling bags on treks.
● Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewelry, etc. If carried, then we do not take any liability for the same.