Type: Hill fort
Height: Approx. 3000 ft
Base village: Moroshi
Bhairavgad is near Murbad and falls in Ahmedngar District. It is 115 kms and 134 kms away from Mumbai and Pune respectively. Bhairavgad comes under the Harishchandragad and Kalsubai Wildlife Sanctuary. The trek to Bhairavgad is difficult. As the last patch is risky to climb and one cannot take chances in climbing it without ropes. Before you reach the rock patch, you also cross through a cave which can accommodate around 15 people. The trek to the base of the rock patch is easy as it mostly a Jungle trail. On completing the rock patch, one reaches the top and can see beautiful views of glimpses of Harishchandragad, Naneghat, Jivdhan and the Jungle.
Best time to visit – November to May
We are Waiting for you
Meet at Kalyan Station (W) near Deepak Hotel at 10:30 pm. We will travel to Moroshi village in the transfer vehicle.
We will reach Moroshi village around 1:30 am. Rest for a while as we will start the trek early in the morning.
Good Morning Folks
Wake up around 4:30 am. Freshen up and fill your stomach with the local breakfast which will be simple but healthy.
Bhairavgad, here we come
Start the trek around 6 in the morning. Pass through the Jungle and reach the base of the rock patch. Please stay calm and concentrate while climbing the rock patch. Once crossing the rock patch reach the top and enjoy the beautiful views the Fort offers.
Lovely Rural Lunch
Descend back to Moroshi village around 10 in the morning. Post reaching Moroshi, enjoy the delicious meals cooked by the villagers.
Wow, What an Amazing Experience
Post Lunch, we will travel back to Kalyan in the transfer vehicle. Please share your experience and feedback on the way back. We wish you all the best for your further journey.
INCLUSIONS & EXCLUSIONS
INR 1450 + 5% GST
● Private travel from Kalyan to Kalyan
● First aid kit
● Technical Expertise Charges
● Any other personal expenses other than above mentioned.
● GST 5%
Cancellation and Refund applicable on the tour cost:
● If cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
● If cancellation done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded.
● After that no refund will be provided.
THINGS TO CARRY
● Good Trekking Shoes
● Good Torch with extra batteries (Mandatory)
● Identity Proof (Mandatory)
● At least 2 Litres of water (Mandatory)
● Full sleeves T-shirt and Full length Pant (Mandatory - To protect from Sun, insects, bushes etc)
● Extra Pair of Clothes (Mandatory - To change after trek (Can be kept in vehicle during trek))
● A haversack to put in all the things to be carried, so that one has ones hands free while trekking.
● Sweater or shawl (Optional)
● Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc. (Optional)
● Cap, Scarf, Sun glasses etc. (Optional)
● Medicine those if you require usually (Optional)
● Bring plate and spoon to avoid use of plastic
● Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments
RULES & FAQ
● In Mountains & Jungles, smoking attracts honeybees and one has to face dangerous "honeybee attack" where survival of the person is difficult, hence smoking is strictly prohibited.
● Drinking Alcohol is strictly prohibited.
● Leader's Decision will be Final and Binding.
● Small Steps Adventures reserves all the right to Change/ Deviate/ Cancel the plans without prior notice.
● Telephonic Confirmation for booking is Mandatory; if unable to contact us then send a text message and we will call you back.
● Please do not carry Handbags or Jholas or Sling bags on treks.
● Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we do not take any liability for the same.
Get regular event updates through WhatsApp:
Step 1 : Save this (77380 73691) number in your phone book as Small Steps Adventures.
Step 2 : Ping us your Name and Email Id on above saved number.
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now onwards.