Type: Hill Fort
Height: 4600 Feet above MSL (Approx)
Base Village: Velhe
Torna fort is in Bhor Taluka of Pune District. It is 215 kms and 55 kms away from Mumbai and Pune respectively. The base village of Torna Fort is Velhe. The trek to Torna is a mixture of steep climbs and plateaus. The Government has taken keen interest in preserving the well-established forts thus, railing and stairs are formed to help the visitors reach safely. One will also come across waterfall before reaching the top (During Monsoon).
The fort has many Doors and Plateau. Budhla Machi and Zunjar Machi are the two renowned plateaus at Torna Fort. Also, the top has many water cisterns and doors. Sunrise view from Budhla Machi and Sunset view from Zunjar Machi are the most attractive thing trekkers crave for.
We are Waiting for you
Meet at Dadar Railway Station (E), near Pritam Hotel at 11:30 am. We will travel to the base village in the Transfer Vehicle.
We will reach Velhe village area around 5 am. Freshen up and fill your stomach with freshly cooked breakfast by the local villagers.
Torna Fort, here we come
We will begin the trek to Torna Fort by 6 am. Follow the Jungle trail till the top enjoying the views of Gunjavne Dam and the ridge that goes to Rajgad. The trek will be of around 3 1/2 hours.
Yay, we are here
We will reach the top of the fort around 9:30 am. Relax at the Mengai Temple. Explore the fort and don’t forget to take ample group photos and safe selfies.
Lovely Rural Lunch
We will return to Mengai temple around 11:30 am. Relax and freshen up to feast on the local delicacies cooked by villagers. We will start the descend around 12:30 pm.
Wow, What an Amazing Experience
We will reach the base village around 3:30 pm. We will head back to Mumbai around 4 pm. Please share your experience of the event and provide your feedback on our way back.
INCLUSIONS & EXCLUSIONS
INR 1600 per adult
● Breakfast (Limited)
● Lunch (Veg / Non veg) (Unlimited)
● Dadar to Dadar Transport
● First Aid
● Trek Expertise
● Any personal expenses
● GST 5%
Cancellation and Refund applicable on the tour cost:
● If cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
● If cancellationdone prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded.
● After that no refund will be provided.
THINGS TO CARRY
● At least 2 litres of Drinking Water
● Extra clothes and raincoat
● Photo ID card
● Good Trekking or Sport shoes (Compulsory)
● Some ready to eat food (plum cakes, biscuits)
● Electral/Tang powder/Glucose-D/salt
● Cap, Camera, Mobiles Phones, Socks, Extra pair of clothes ( if required)
● Any personal medicine
RULES & FAQ
● In Mountains & Jungles, smoking attracts honeybees and one has to face dangerous "honeybee attack" where survival of the person is difficult, hence smoking is strictly prohibited.
● Drinking Alcohol is strictly prohibited.
● Leader's Decision will be Final and Binding.
● Small Steps Adventures reserves all the right to Change/ Deviate/ Cancel the plans without prior notice.
● Telephonic Confirmation for booking is Mandatory; if unable to contact us then send a text message and we will call you back.
● Please do not carry Handbags or Jholas or Sling bags on treks.
● Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we do not take any liability for the same.
torna fort trek, torna trek difficulty level, torna trek, torna fort, torna fort maharashtra, shivaji maharaj torna fort, trekking near pune, forts near pune for trekking, forts for trekking near pune, trekking forts near pune, tornagad trek