Location: Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu
Duration: 2 DAYS – 2 NIGHTS
Age: 12 – 45 Years
Trek Distance: 15 KM
Difficulty Level: Easy to Moderate
Kodaikanal is a popular hill station in the Dindigul District, Tamil Nadu. In Tamil Language “Kodaikanal” means “The Gift of the Forest”. The town of Kodaikanal sits on a plateau above the southern escarpment of the upper Palani Hills at 2,133 meters (6,998 ft.), between the Parappar and Gundar Valleys.
The starting point of the trek is from “Dolphin’s Nose Point”. Which provides a bird’s eye view of the scenic landscapes of the surrounding mountains.
It is a paradise for trekking lovers as it offers different trekking routes for the professional trekker to the novice trekker as well. The Total distance of the trek is about 13-14 Kms and considered to be a moderate trek.
Please note: Travelling from Bangalore would be little more costly then Chennai as the state permit would be required to enter Tamil Nadu from Karnataka.
We would be leaving at late evening from Bangalore. We request you to have some light food before traveling. This trip would be an overnight journey to KodaikanalTown toVattakanal. Which is about 470 km away from Bangalore, in which we would have an informal introduction and have fun.
After freshening up and breakfast, we would hop on the bus and go to the starting point of the trek i.e.Vattakanal.
Vattakanal is a small town, situated in the south of Kodaikanal. It has a view of beautiful valleys and mountains of Kodaikanal. The Place is mostly famous for one viewpoint “Dolphin Nose Point”. The Trek starts by the side of this viewpoint.
The descent would start from the Vattakanal village itself. Initially, the trail goes through big eucalyptus trees. The aroma of the place can only be experienced on this route.
The trail goes down through zig-zag path and a little ascent near the Vellagavi town. It is small town situated in the middle of the forest and through the initial stretch, it could act the guiding factor as you can see the whole village while descending from Vattakanal.
The distance of Vellagavi from Vattakanal is about 4-5 Kms.
The trail takes you through a dense forest before entering the village.
After taking a right from the temple of Vellagavi, you would enter a route through several Elaichi farms, coffee farms, and Lemon farms.
From here the descent would be bit moderate till we reach small water stream.
After getting of the jungle you would enter into a Lemon farm trail, which would straight walk till we reach the waterfall and our camping destination.
After the breakfast, we would start to leave the forest and reach the check-post. Board the Bus and back to Bangalore.
INCLUSIONS & EXCLUSIONS
INR 3599 per adult
● To and fro journey
● Two breakfasts (Saturday, Sunday)
● One lunch (Saturday)
● One dinner (Saturday)
● Forest permit
● Snack/Power packs for trekking
● Lots and lots of FUN
● Lunch - Sunday
● Dinner - Friday, Sunday
● Any personal expenses
Cancellation and Refund applicable on the tour cost:
● If cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
● If done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded.
● After that no refund will be provided.
THINGS TO CARRY
● Two liters of water bottles
● Rain coat (if in case it rains)
● A torch
● A cap
RULES & FAQ
● In mountains & jungles, smoking attracts honeybees and one has to face dangerous "honeybee attack" where survival of the person is difficult, hence smoking is strictly prohibited.
● Drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
● Leader's decision will be final and binding.
● Small Steps Adventures reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
● Telephonic confirmation for booking is mandatory; if unable to contact us then send a text message and we will call you back.
● Please do not carry handbags or Jholas or Sling bags on treks.
● Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewelry, etc. If carried, then we do not take any liability for the same.