Inoformation: Kurinjal Trek is one of popular hiking trails located in the Kudremukh National Park in Chikmagalur district, Karnataka, India.
The Beautiful valley of the region has several wild animals, tall trees and varied landscapes covered with green vegetation.
The whole scenery of grassland interspersed with narrow strips of forests provide a fantastic vista for a trekker. The totally fresh air and the climb up and down, invigorates the body and soothes the soul. During the trek, one can view and study several wildlife species of plants, birds, reptiles, amphibians, butterflies, insects, etc.
The KuringalGudda trail is 3,596 feet (1,096 m) above sea level. And the distance from Bangalore make it as best weekend spot for adventures and adrenaline rush.
Bavikonda Kalchukki is one of the non-commercial destinations for trekking from Bangalore. The Trek starts over the foothills of the Mullodi village in the state of Karnataka.
The beautiful part of Bavikonda Kalchukki is trekking on the open face of the mountains while enjoying the view of the nearby peaks. Also, a beautiful ridge walk towards the peak makes it more than just a trekking experience.
7.30 pm – 9.45 pm -Leave from Bangalore late evening. We request you to have some light food before traveling. This trip would be an overnight journey to Balgal in which we would have an informal introduction and have fun.
6:00 am – 7:00 am
The nearest town to homestay is Kalasa, we will be passing through Hassan road to Belur to Kassala town and from there to Balgal. Balgal is a small place at the base of Mullodi Hills.
There is an arrangement made for freshening up and breakfast at the Balgal. From which we will start our journey into the Kudremukh Forest Reserve and then to the base of Kurinjal. The Road to the base of Kurinjal gives a scenic glimpse of the forest reserve.
7:30 am – 6:00 pm
After fresh-up and breakfast, we would embark on our journey to Kurinjal peak.
The Trail is covered with dense tall trees give you a perfect shade on a sunny day, The Forest has several wild animals likes langurs, monkey and many which often makes a sound in jungles making you aware of the wild forest on your side.
The track straight lead you to the base of the huge black rock on the top of the mountain. There is only one water source in the middle of the path, close to the peak.
The Last steps of the trek are bit tricky and challenging as the path is little steep.
The panoramic view from the peak in indescribable, the green vegetation of the forest surrounding looks like a grape bunch.
After spending some quality time at the peak, we would start descending through the same path to homestay for a much-awaited Campfire and hot dinner. The homestay (Mullodi hills) provides both veg and non-veg food for dinner.
You could also take bath if you want as hot water is available at the homestay.
Day 2: 07:30 am - 11 am
Next day after breakfast we would spend the early morning time at the Somavati River waterfall beside the home stay. Spend some quality time and then back to Bangalore.
11 am – 10.30 pm – Return Journey to Bangalore.
INCLUSIONS & EXCLUSIONS
INR 3499 + 5% GST
● To and fro journey
● Two breakfasts (Saturday, Sunday)
● One lunch (Saturday)
● One dinner (Saturday)
● Forest permit
● Snack/Power packs for trekking
● Lots and lots of FUN
● Lunch - Sunday
● Dinner - Friday, Sunday
● Any personal expenses
Cancellation and Refund applicable on the tour cost:
● If cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
● If done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded.
● After that no refund will be provided.
THINGS TO CARRY
● Two liters of water bottles
● Rain coat (if in case it rains)
● A torch
● A cap
RULES & FAQ
● In mountains & jungles, smoking attracts honeybees and one has to face dangerous "honeybee attack" where survival of the person is difficult, hence smoking is strictly prohibited.
● Drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
● Leader's decision will be final and binding.
● Small Steps Adventures reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
● Telephonic confirmation for booking is mandatory; if unable to contact us then send a text message and we will call you back.
● Please do not carry handbags or Jholas or Sling bags on treks.
● Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewelry, etc. If carried, then we do not take any liability for the same.