Location: Meesapulimala, Kerala.
Duration: 2 Days - 2 Nights
Distance: 20 Km
Difficulty Level: Moderate To Difficult.
Information: Meesapulimala is the second highest peak in the Western Ghats of Idukki district on the Indian subcontinent after Anamudi. Its peak is 2,640 meters (8,661 ft) above sea level. The name derives from the fact that it is formed of eight hills which spread like a mustache which gave a name as Meesapulimala. It is considered to be most beautiful mountains to climb over in the south Western Ghats.The Best part of the Meesapulimala Trek you could see lots of rhododendrons flowers. The Valley is also called Rhodo Valley. It’s special because it only places you see these flowers in south India else it grows in abundance in Sikkim and nearby regions. Rhododendron trees is actually the state tree of Sikkim. Please do look for the picture of this beautiful flower tree.
The Camp site of this Messapulimala Trek in the Silent Valley of Munnar. It has the beautiful panoramic view of the below valley and waterfalls.
7.30 pm - 9 pm - Bangalore Leaving from Bangalore at late evening. We request you to have some light food before traveling. This trip would be an overnight journey to Munnar base camp in which we would have an informal introduction and have fun.
Silent Valley Campsite: We would be reaching to the forest department based in Munnar and from there we would take a jeep ride to our Silent Valley Campsite. The campsite is located in heart of the jungle of the Meesupulimala forest
After fresh-up and breakfast, we would start trekking from the campsite towards Rhodo Valley. Initially, the terrain is little steep till we reach waterfall lagoon, from here the terrain keeps gaining altitude as well lose it. Rhodo Valley starts just after reaching the jeep track on the trail. Do look out for Rhododendron flowers by the side of the route. This flowers definitely win your heart with its different colors and abundance nature.
Next morning, we would explore a waterfall about nearby the campsite then would return back to Munnar forest department through jeep and back to Bangalore on Sunday night.
Next day, after breakfast we would hop on to our bus – Return Journey to Bangalore.
INCLUSIONS & EXCLUSIONS
INR 4699 + 5% GST
● To and fro journey.
● Tented Accommodation.
● Two breakfasts (Saturday, Sunday).
● Packed lunch (Saturday).
● One dinner (Saturday).
● Jeep ride.
● Forest permit.
● Lots and Lots of Fun.
● Lunch (Sunday).
● Dinner (Friday/Sunday).
● Any personal purchases.
Cancellation and Refund applicable on the tour cost:
● If cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
● If done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded.
● After that no refund will be provided.
THINGS TO CARRY
● Two liters of water bottles
● Rain coat (if in case it rains)
● A torch
● A cap.
RULES & FAQ
● In mountains & jungles, smoking attracts honeybees and one has to face dangerous "honeybee attack" where survival of the person is difficult, hence smoking is strictly prohibited.
● Drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
● Leader's decision will be final and binding.
● Small Steps Adventures reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
● Telephonic confirmation for booking is mandatory; if unable to contact us then send a text message and we will call you back.
● Please do not carry handbags or Jholas or Sling bags on treks.
● Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewelry, etc. If carried, then we do not take any liability for the same.
Get regular event updates through WhatsApp:
Step 1 : Save this (77380 73691) number in your phone book as Small Steps Adventures.
Step 2 : Ping us your Name and Email Id on above saved number.
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now onwards.