Mullayanagiri, situated at a height of 1,930 metres above sea level, offers a towering view of the majestic Western Ghats. The amazing natural beauty that is found at every turn of the Mullayanagiri trek makes it one of the most amazing trekking trails not only in Chikmagalur but the whole of South India. The misty landscapes are interspersed with Serpentine paths, steep inclines and grassy patches.
Mullayanagiri is named after the tomb of Saint Mulappa Swamy located on its peak. It is believed that the saint meditated in the caves that surround this lofty hill. There is also a small temple dedicated to Lord Shiva located on top of the Mullayanagiri peak. This in addition to the fact that the hill forms a part of the Baba Budangiri range, which is turn is considered to be the holy place of Guru Dattatreya, gives a spiritual appeal to the mountain.
The 10 km long trek completed over a period of 2 days and I night, is famous for its low visibility, ridge walks and unpredictable weather. The easy to moderate difficulty level of trek ensures that people with little or even no trekking experience can complete it in a relatively effortless manner. The lush green surroundings and the soothing environments add to the appeal and excitement of the trek and motivate the participants to reach the peak at the earliest.
The biggest reward for the trekkers awaits them at the summit, where the sight of the beauty surrounding them often leaves them dumbfounded and floored. Most participants come back from the trek feeling totally taken back by their encounters with the diverse treasures that nature has blessed Mother Earth with.
Pick up Points
● Marathahalli (09:30 PM) - Near Kalamandir
● Silk Board (10:00 PM) - Bus Stop opposite to Pizza Hut
● BTM (10:10 PM) Udupi - Garden Bus Stop opposite To A2B
● Banashankari (10:30 PM) - Bus Stop
● RR Nagar (11:15 PM) - Gopalan Arcade, Mysore Road.
09:30 PM Pick up starts from Bangalore
05:00 AM Reach homestay in Chikkamagaluru
07:30 AM Freshen up
08:30 AM Have breakfast
09:00 AM Depart to Mullayangiri
10:15 PM Start trek (Sitalayangiri, 3kms one side)
01:30 PM Reach base & have packed lunch
02:30 PM Start trek to Buttermilk Falls
03:30 PM Reach falls & explore
05:30 PM Move towards Bababudangiri/home-stay
08:30 PM Enjoy dinner followed by campfire
07:30 AM Wake up and get ready
08:30 AM Have breakfast
09:00 AM Depart to Belur Temple
01:30 AM Lunch at Hassan
09:00 PM Reach Bangalore.
INCLUSIONS & EXCLUSIONS
INR 3300 + 5% GST
● Transportation (from/to Bangalore)
● Campfire (depends on weather)
● Visit to the nearby Buttermilk Falls
● Breakfast on Day 1 & Day 2
● Lunch on Day 1
● Dinner on Day 1
● Water bottle
● Anything not mentioned in inclusions.
Cancellation and Refund applicable on the tour cost:
● If cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
● If done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded.
● After that no refund will be provided.
THINGS TO CARRY
● Torch per person, with extra batteries.
● Sports shoes or trekking shoes, in good condition
● Sweater or warm jacket for the night
● Water bottles (enough to carry at least 1 litre of water)
● Comfortable clothing (track pants and cotton t-shirt)
● Energy bars, dry fruits, flavoured milk, electrolyte drinks - Glucon-D etc.
● Personal medication (if any)
● Toiletries (napkin, tissues, etc.)
● Rain coat/poncho in monsoons
● Shawl or thin blanket (optional, serves as added protection in case too much cold)
● Camera (optional).
RULES & FAQ
● In mountains & jungles, smoking attracts honeybees and one has to face dangerous "honeybee attack" where survival of the person is difficult, hence smoking is strictly prohibited.
● Drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
● Leader's decision will be final and binding.
● Small Steps Adventures reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
● Telephonic confirmation for booking is mandatory; if unable to contact us then send a text message and we will call you back.
● Please do not carry handbags or Jholas or Sling bags on treks.
● Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewelry, etc. If carried, then we do not take any liability for the same.
trek to mulayangiri from bangalore, mullayangiri trek from bangalore, mullayanagiri betta chikmagalur, mullayanagiri chikmagalur karnataka, mullayanagiri peak chikmagalur, trekking chikmagalur, chikmagalur mullayanagiri trekking, chikmagalur trekking, camping places in chikmagalur, bangalore to mullayanagiri trek, mullayanagiri betta, bangalore to mullayanagiri, mullayanagiri camping, mullayanagiri trekking, homestay in chikmagalur mullayanagiri, homestay in chikmagalur near mullayanagiri, mullayanagiri hills homestay, mullayanagiri trek, trek to mullayanagiri
Get regular event updates through WhatsApp:
Step 1 : Save this (77380 73691) number in your phone book as Small Steps Adventures.
Step 2 : Ping us your Name and Email Id on above saved number.
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now onwards.