Height: 4267 ft
Base Village: Bamnoli
Location: Koyna Sanctuary and Forest Region
Vasota Fort is located in Patan Taluka of Satara District. It is 280 kms and 263 kms away from Mumbai and Pune respectively. Trek to Vasota Fort is through dense Jungle. IT is the wildlife Sanctuary of Koyna where it iis home for various wildlife animals mainly Bears and jackals. Do not deviate from the route and stay with group no matter what as there are instances of attack from the wild animals. It is one of the most beautiful trek as you walk in the live jungle and reach the fort. Form top you get the beautiful view of Koyna Wildlife Sanctuary and the SHivsagar Lake.
It is believed that the main aim to build this fort was to use it is as a Jail. The Jungle creates abig barrier for any prisoner to cross. Even if any prisoner finds a way to escape from the fort. The Wildlife Sanctuary will suck him in.
10.00 pm: Meet at Dadar railway station near Pritam hotel
10:30 pm: Start journey to Vasota base
07:00 AM: Reach Bamnoli village. Freshen up and breakfast
08:00 AM: Ferry ride to the base village of Vasota
10:00 AM: Start ascending the Vasota Fort
12:00 PM: Reach the top and explore the Fort
12:30 PM: Packed lunch time
01:30 PM: Start descending to Met Indavali
03:45 PM: Reach Met Indavali
04:00 PM: Start return Ferry ride
05:00 PM: Reach Bamnoli
06:00 PM: Start our Journey back to Mumbai
11:00 PM: Reach Mumbai (approx timings - depends on traffic)
INCLUSIONS & EXCLUSIONS
INR 1850 + 5% GST
● Dadar to Dadar Transport
● Ferry boat charges
● Forest Permission charges
● First aid
● Any other personal expenses other than Inclusions & GST
Cancellation and Refund applicable on the tour cost:
● If cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
● If cancellation done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded.
● After that no refund will be provided.
THINGS TO CARRY
● At least 2 litres of drinking water.
● Photo ID card.
● Good trekking or sport shoes (Compulsory)
● Some ready to eat food (plum cakes, biscuits)
● Electral/ Tang powder/ Glucose-D/ Salt
● Cap, camera, mobile phones, socks, extra pairs of clothes/ raincoat.
● Any personal medicine
RULES & FAQ
● In Mountains & Jungles, smoking attracts honeybees and one has to face dangerous "honeybee attack" where survival of the person is difficult, hence smoking is strictly prohibited.
● Drinking Alcohol is strictly prohibited.
● Leader's Decision will be Final and Binding.
● Small Steps Adventures reserves all the right to Change/ Deviate/ Cancel the plans without prior notice.
● Telephonic Confirmation for booking is Mandatory; if unable to contact us then send a text message and we will call you back.
● Please do not carry Handbags or Jholas or Sling bags on treks.
● Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we do not take any liability for the same.
vasota fort jungle trek, vasota jungle trek, vasota trek, vasota fort trek, vasota trekking, vasota jungle, vasota killa satara, vasota fort trekking, forts in satara district, jungle trek bamnoli, jungle trek to vastoa fort, jungle trek to vasota killa
Get regular event updates through WhatsApp:
Step 1 : Save this (77380 73691) number in your phone book as Small Steps Adventures.
Step 2 : Ping us your Name and Email Id on above saved number.
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now onwards.