The Sundarbans are a part of the world's largest delta formed by the rivers Ganges, Brahmaputra and Meghna.
Located in the deltaic region of West Bengal, this park also shares its boundaries with Bangladesh. Covered with mangrove forests, Sundarbans is the original and one of the largest abode of the Royal Bengal Tigers.
Some of the other endangered species in this park are Gangetic Dolphin, River Terrapin, Hawks Bill Turtle, Mangrove Horseshoe Crab and Salt-Water Crocodile
In the year 1984, it was declared a National Park. It is also the UNESCO world heritage site inscripted in 1987.
Total area: 1330 sq km
Flight Suggestions :
Mumbai (BOM) – Calcutta (CCU) :JET AIRWAYS : 2:30 am – 4:55 am
Calcutta (CCU) – Mumbai (BOM) : JET AIRWAYS : 9:20 pm – 12:10 am
Pick up from Kolkata airport in an exclusive vehicle and transfer to Godkhali, Sundarbans (Journey time 3 hrs. approx), followed by one and half hours of spectacular cruise journey through rivers Bidya, Hogol, Gomar, Gundi and Durgaduani with lunch on board. On seeking the permits from forest department, we will go for our first boat safari excursion and we will return to the camp post sunset. Dinner on board. (L/D)
Full day boat safari inside Sundarbans forest and visit to various watch towers like Sudhanyakhali. The sweet water pond at Sudhanyakhali attracts a lot of wild animals including tigers and offers you the chance to view them from close quarters. The nature interpretation centers and canopy walks also provide great opportunities to explore the real side of this Mangrove forest. Lunch and dinner on board. Overnight stay at boat. (B/L/D)
Third day involves full day cruise through rivers & narrow creeks of Sundarbans. We would visit the famous watch towers of Sudhanyakhali, Do Banki and Nethi Dhopani (According to Sightings report) and try our best to get a glimpse of Royal Bengal Tigers. Canopy walk at Do Banki gives an opportunity to watch wildlife from netted enclosure. In evening we may set off to a local village to meet and interact with villagers, fishermen, honey collectors & hear their experiences of Jungle (If Possible).
All meals would be served on boat, overnight stay on Camp. (B/L/D).
Morning boat safari with breakfast and lunch on board. Post lunch transfer to Godkhali and drop till Kolkata Airport. (B/L).
INCLUSIONS & EXCLUSIONS
INR 22000 + 5% GST
● All jungle cruises in an motorized boat exclusively for the Group.
● On field Wildlife photography tips.
● All Park entry fees, boat permission and guide charges.
● All meals Included mentioned in the itinerary.
● Road Transportation in Private vehicle (Kolkata to Kolkata)
● 3N/4D Accommodation at Camp on Triple sharing and in boat on multiple sharing basis. (Non-Ac)
● Expertise Charges
● Transfer from Mumbai to Mumbai
● Meals during the train/flight journey
● Lens/Camera charges
● Any personal orders, laundry, phone calls.
● Any porter charges,tips and gratitudes.
● Anything other than mentioned above
● Difference in cost arising due to mishaps, political unrest, natural calamities or sudden changes in forest fees, permits etc.
● Anything not mentioned in inclusion list.
● Taxes as applicable.
Cancellation and Refund applicable on the tour cost:
● If cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
● If done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded.
● After that no refund will be provided.
THINGS TO CARRY
● Dull Colored Clothes (Please don’t wear Bright colored Clothes
● Sanitary Kit
● Dry Food (snacks)
● Torch (Must)
● Personal First Aid kit
● Cap, goggle, sunscreen, moisturizer etc.
● Sport shoes or Kitos/ sandal
● Electral powder / Glucon D
● Binocular/Camera with lenses (Optional)
● Water Bottle (3 liter must)
● Odomos (Mosquito Repellent)
● Tripod will be helpful to avoid shake as there will be low light
● Umbrella or Poncho/Cap
RULES & FAQ
● In mountains & jungles, smoking attracts honeybees and one has to face dangerous "honeybee attack" where survival of the person is difficult, hence smoking is strictly prohibited.
● Drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
● Leader's decision will be final and binding.
● Small Steps Adventures reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
● Telephonic confirmation for booking is mandatory; if unable to contact us then send a text message and we will call you back.
● Please do not carry handbags or Jholas or Sling bags on treks.
● Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewelry, etc. If carried, then we do not take any liability for the same.
Get regular event updates through WhatsApp:
Step 1 : Save this (77380 73691) number in your phone book as Small Steps Adventures.
Step 2 : Ping us your Name and Email Id on above saved number.
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now onwards.